The Black and Decker PuriFry Air Fryer model HF110SBD, is an oil less air fryer that fries food with super heated hot air and not unhealthy fat or oil.
If you love hot and crunchy deep fried food, but not the trans-fats, calories and potential heart disease and Type 2 Diabetes that can come with frying food in a vat of fat, then you’ll love this air fryer which is an alternative to frying in oil.
As you know, the key ingredient to making really delicious, hot and crunchy fried food is super hot oil. Everyone loves the taste and crunch when you bite into fried food, whether it’s from a restaurant or an amusement park. It’s also no secret that deep fried food is not healthy food.
Healthy Alternative to Frying
An air fryer, like the Black and Decker Oil Free Air Fryer- model HF110SBD, is a healthy alternative to traditional deep fried food cooked in a vat of fat, since the air fryer requires just a tablespoon of oil, and the convection cooking technology super heats the circulating air and oil to give your food that hot crispy deep fried texture and flavor you love, without . the unhealthy trans-fats and calories.
You can also bake chicken, make perfect chops, and even create your favorite desserts.
Rather than bathing the food in a vat of unhealthy frying oil, the Black and Decker PuriFry Air Fryer is a healthy alternative to deep frying that requires just one tablespoon of oil, and uses super heated air that circulates and penetrates the food to create that delicious and crunchy fried consistency on the outside, yet soft on the inside; and without the extra trans fats, cholesterol and calories you would get from food deep fried in fat.
You can find delicious recipes for your on Pinterest, too.
Let’s Get Started.
What is an Air Fryer?
What is an air fryer, you ask? An oil less fryer, commonly referred to as an air fryer, is a kitchen appliance that “fries” or cooks food by circulating super hot air around the food, using convection cooking technology.
This works similar to the convection cooking technology in an oven, but at a higher temperature, around 400 ° Fahrenheit or 200° Celsius.
The benefit of an air fryer, as compared to a traditional deep fryer is that an air fryer uses just a tablespoon of oil, as compared to a traditional home deep fryer that uses about 2 liters of oil,and the food cooks faster due to the convection technology and higher heat.
How Does an Air Fryer Work?
This short video shows how the convection heating technology works in an air fryer.
Black and Decker Oil Free Air Fryer Features and Benefits
The Black and Decker PuriFry has many features and benefits in addition to offering an alternative to frying food in oil.
A traditional deep fryer is a one trick pony, it can only deep fry food in fat, and a lot of it. An air fryer is really a convection oven that super heats the air, and uses a small amount of oil so that your food will be crispy and hot.
This Black and Decker air fryer can also make cakes and other desserts that can be made in a convection oven.
Here are the key benefits of using the Black and Decker PuriFry Air Fryer:
- 2L Capacity basket makes enough food for the whole family.
- Powerful dual convection fans help to quickly preheat and cook all of your favorite foods by circulating hot air around the food.
- Great for heating and reheating food.
- Little or no oil needed for crispy, fried taste.
- Nonstick pan, basket and separator offer easy clean up.
- Variable temperature control function allows for maximum cooking versatility.
- 60 minute timer with Auto Off.
- Heating and Power indicator lights.
- Comes with several built-in safety functions, to prevent damage to unit, and to prevent a burn or injury while in use.
What Can You Do With an Air Fryer
The question isn’t what can you cook in the Black and Decker Air Fryer, the question is what can’t be cooked in the air fryer.
Comes with Several Protection Systems for Your Safety
- Overheating protection system
- Automatic shut-off, if pan is removed
- Unit will turn off when timer reaches zero
- Polarized Plug
- Pamper-resistant screw, so outer cover can’t be removed
What Can you Cook in the Black and Decker Air Fryer
Here are a few of the many delicious foods you can make in the Black and Decker PuriFry Air Fryer.
This guide shows a few of the many dishes you can make with an Air Fryer.
No Disposing of Oil Waste Needed
With a traditional deep fryer, you have to dispose of the used oil, and depending on the size of your deep fryer, this can mean two or more liters of used oil, which can be a messy situation, and some cities don’t allow cooking oil to be disposed in the trash.
The Black and Decker Oil Free Air Fryer, model HF110SBD requires just a tablespoon of oil, so there is no need to worry about messy clean up, or disposing of used cooking oil.
Many parts, including the basket are dishwasher safe.
2 Year Limited Warranty
The Black and Decker offers a 2 year warranty, which is superior to most other home electronics, that come with a standard one year warranty.
- Cooks food with little or no oil or fat.
- Large 2 liter capacity cooking basket.
- Perfect for cooking anything you can imagine, and not just a fryer.
- Comes with twin convection fans, which delivers even, consistent heat and cooking.
- Easy to clean up.
- Healthy alternative to deep frying in fat or oil.
- Can cook other foods and not just fry food.
- Several safety features.
- Does not really “fry” food, rather cooks using using super hot air, and small amount of oil, fries the food.
- Not recommended for greasy food, like sausage.
- Can take a bit of practice to get perfect.
Where to Buy the Black and Decker PuriFry Air Fryer, model HF110SBD?
Amazon sells this Black and Decker air fryer for $89 to $99, depending on the model and store you shop at, which is on average, $10 to $30 cheaper than other stores, and you will get Free Shipping.
Latest posts by Ken Weiss (see all)
- 14 Tips To Help You Fall In Love With Your Bread Machine - July 4, 2017
- Bedroom Guardian Review – How to Get Rid Of Bed Bugs - June 28, 2017
- How Freshly Compares to The Competition in Meal Home Delivery - June 22, 2017