Cuisinart Green Gourmet 12 Piece Hard-Anodized Nonstick Cookware Reviews
Cuisinart Green Gourmet is a beautiful 12 piece 100% PFOA-Free non stick hard anodized cookware set made with a natural ceramic-based non stick coating, called Ceramica®, that is made from materials found naturally in the earth and not in a lab.
This makes this Cuisinart ceramic cookware the best natural non- stick cookware for those who want non stick cookware without the potential health risks of Teflon.
When we purchases our Cuisinart Green Gourmet non stick cookware set, we were looking for a non stick cookware set that was free of Teflon, also known as PFOA. so you should always look for a PFOA-Free non stick pan if you want non stick cookware that is not made with Teflon coating.
We immediately liked that in addition to having a natural Teflon-free non stick coating, the Cuisinart Green Gourmet had a feeling of quality with the hard anodized aluminum surface, riveted on handles that won’t fall off or come lose, high quality construction you can feel when you pick up a skillet or pan, the pans can be put in the oven up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and and has tight fitting metal lids to keep heat in your food, where it belongs.
Why Use Cuisinart Green Gourmet?
- The exclusive Cuisinart Ceramica™ natural ceramic based coating is free of any petroleum-based materials, which is helping to conserve our natural resources and is the true green non stick cookware.
- Cuisinart® is leading the way in eco-friendly PFOA-Free non stick cookware with the Cuisinart Green Gourmet, which is the best non-stick cookware available at Amazon.com, based on the reviews.
- Hard anodized construction provides superior heat conductivity, requiring less energy to achieve desired cooking temperature
- In addition to use on stove top, this Cuisinart ceramic cookware is oven and broiler safe to 450 ° Fahrenheit.
- Petroleum-Free ceramic-based nonstick interior helps to conserve oil consumption.
- Uses Environmentally Friendly Packaging made from 100% recycled materials and is printed with soy ink.
- The 100% PFOA-free Ceramica non-stick coating for healthy cooking is applied at a temperature half that of conventional chemical-based non stick coating, which reduces the carbon footprint in the manufacturing process, by reducing the energy used for manufacturing.
- The hard anodized construction of the outer shell provides high heat conductivity, which requires less energy to heat up evenly on the bottom and sides, for perfect heating of your food, and can be used on the stove top or in the oven, which is a distinct advantage over Teflon coated non stick cookware.
- I have definitely noticed that when I put oil in the pan at Medium heat, it reaches cooking temperature much faster than our other pans, and the food tends to cook faster, too!
- In keeping with the Green Theme, the stay cool ergonomic metal handles, which have a “V shape” where it attaches to the pan to dissipates heat and prevent the handles from overheating or causing burn, are made from 70% recycled stainless steel to keep with the Eco-friendly design.
- Exclusive Cuisinart Ceramica™ Nonstick Technology
- Lifetime Warranty
I don’t know if I would say this is the best non-stick cookware available, but we have been very happy with our Cuisinart Green Gourmet cookware for well over a year, and recently purchased the larger 12″ skillet to add to our set.
You can learn more about Cuisinart Green Gourmet by watching this short video.
5 Benefits of Ceramica over teflon Coating
2. Cuisinart Green Gourmet is made with an exclusive Nonstick Technology, called Ceramica, which is developed by Cuisinart that is 100% free of the harmful chemicals found in many other Teflon coated non-stick cookware.
3. When you cook with Teflon coated non-stick pans containing PTFE or PFOA, trace amounts of these toxic chemicals are transferred to the food each time you cook, which you and your family digest.
4. Also, if you use a non-stick pan that is cracked, chipped or allowed to overheat above the manufacturers recommended maximum temperature, you risk liquefaction.
5. This is when the coating becomes a gooey liquid, and increases the chance of inhaling these toxic chemicals that get released into the air, yuk!
Made with Hard Anodized Construction
We all know how important it it to save energy these days, and the hard anodized construction of this PFOA free non-stick cookware provides high heat conductivity, which requires less energy to reach desired cooking temperatures. This helps preserve the earth’s vital natural resources while you cook, whether you have a gas or electric powered stove.
Most non-stick cookware is not designed to be used in the oven or broiler, but you can feel confident knowing that the Cuisinart which makes the best non stick cookware is 100% oven and broiler safe, so your Cuisinart non stick cookware can easily go from stove top to oven.
What Comes in the Box
- 8” Skillet
- 10” Deep Fry with cover
- 1.5 qt. Saucepan with cover
- 2.5 qt. Saucepan with cover
- 3 qt. Everyday Pan with cover
- 6 qt. Dutch Oven with cover
- Steamer Insert (fits 2.5 qt. Saucepan)
Riveted on Handles
The handles on the Cuisinart Green Gourmet are permanently riveted on, and not held on with screws like cheap cookware. Riveted on handles will never come loose or fall off, so you never have to worry about the handles coming loose or falling off, which can cause an injury.
Cookware Surface Heats Up Evenly and Quickly
When we used the Analon Non-Stick Cookware, it took several minutes for the pans to heat up, and we were very pleased at how quickly the Cuisinart Green Gourmet pans and skillets heat up. If you use a gas range, just put the heat to medium or low medium, and due to the hard anodized construction, the pots, pans and skillets get to the desired cooking temperature within a few minutes.
This is the great energy saving feature of the Cuisinart hard anodized cookware. Do not use medium high or high heat, and this will over heat the pans, and may cause damage.
The Ceramica coating on the Cuisinart Green Gourmet prevents food from sticking and makes cleaning your non stick cookware a breeze. You can just use a soft cleaning pad with a little soap and warm water. The food comes right off and your Green Gourmet pans are ready to use again.
Do not use a cleaning pad with a rough surface, such as a Brillo pad or scouring pad, as you will scratch and damage the surface of your cookware, and this will void your warranty.
Cuisinart stands behind the quality and construction of Green Gourmet non stick cookware, which is why they offer a Lifetime Warranty.
What Are People Saying About Cuisinart Green Gourmet?
Cooks well and easy to clean
Best I ever owned
A healthy alternative to other non stick pans
Drawbacks of the Cuisinart Green Gourmet Cookware
Any good product review should discuss any negative aspects of a product as well as the positives. While most of the reviews have been positive, some reviewers were not happy with the product after a few months of use.
We have had our Green Gourmet cookware for a few months now, and use it practically everyday. We have been 100% happy with our cookware from Cuisinart, or I would not have written this review.
Where You Can Buy Cuisinart Green Gourmet Cookware?
While you can buy Cuisinart Green Gourmet cookware at most department stores, we have found that Amazon.com has the best price for the 12 piece cookware set, and with the Free Shipping Option, they have the best price on the Net.
Amazon also sells all the Cuisinart Green Gourmet pieces individually if you want to add pieces to your set.
Latest posts by Ken Weiss (see all)
- How Freshly Compares to The Competition in Meal Home Delivery - June 22, 2017
- Cookware Comparison Chart – How to Choose the Best Cookware Set? - June 16, 2017
- Home-made Coconut Milk Recipe - June 6, 2017