We associate the Caribbean with beautiful sandy beaches, blue seas, and gently swaying palm trees. We also associate the Caribbean with rum. With these rum recipes, you will be able to transport yourself to the sunny Caribbean.
Experimenting with different ingredients can add fun to mealtimes. Incorporating rum into some of your recipes can create some unique flavors. When cooking with rum, it is important to choose a good rum such as Casa Bacardi Cuba as this will affect the flavor of the dish. Many people think that because the alcohol is being used in a dish that is going to be eaten, a cheaper version will suffice, but this is a mistake.
Rum is a natural with desserts. Here is a delicious rum and banana recipe that is quick and easy to make.
Banana Rum Delight
Cook bananas in rum so that it becomes a warm glaze that can be poured over melting vanilla ice cream.
While preparing the dish, you should leave the vanilla ice cream out to soften.
- In a large pan, melt 2 tbsp of butter, 1/2 c of dark brown sugar, and 1/4 c of dark or gold rum.
- Stir the mix until it bubbles and becomes smooth. This should take around 4 to 6 minutes.
- Peel 2 bananas, cut each banana in half and gently swirl them around until they are coated with the mixture and warmed through.
- Scoop the softened ice cream into bowls and top with the bananas and caramel sauce.
When you want to turn ice cream and bananas into something special, this is ideal. You could even add a cocktail umbrella and a sparkler for a bit of fun.
Rum seems a natural ingredient to use with sweet desserts, and it can also be used to good effect with savory dishes.
Honey Rum Baked Black Beans
For vegetarian guests, honey rum baked black beans can make a delicious and different dish or side dish for any meal.
If you are using dried black beans, soak 1 lb of black beans overnight.
- Cover the black beans with fresh water in a pot and boil the black for 1½ hours to ensure the beans are tender and well cooked.
- Chop 8oz of dried chorizo
- Chop one large Spanish onion,
- Peel 2 medium carrots and finely chop
- Combine in a skillet and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- For the last minute, add 5 finely chopped garlic cloves and then add 1c of dark rum, and cook for 3 minutes until reduced by half.
Then, transfer the mixture to a bowl, and add the following:
- 1/3 cup of honey,
- 1/4 cup of molasses,
- 1/4 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 cup of barbecue sauce
- 1 can of low sodium chicken broth.
Bake covered for 30 minutes at 325 degrees F and then cook for a further 45 minutes uncovered.
Serve garnished with chopped coriander.
Delicious Coffee Rum Drink Recipe
For a delicious and decadent rum drink, take 1/2 cup of hot coffee and stir in 2 tsp of sugar until it dissolves.
Then add 1 oz of gold rum and 1 oz of dark rum, then stir.
Add 1 stick of cinnamon and a strip of orange zest.
Garnish the coffee with whipped cream, grated chocolate, and grated orange zest.
Rum can be a fantastic ingredient to use in cooking, and it is surprisingly versatile. Whether you want delicious desserts, tasty salads, or decadent drinks, rum brings a unique flavor of its own.
- Oreo Shamrock McFlurry Copycat Recipe - March 27, 2020
- 5 Benefits of Cooking with 100% Pure Ceramic Cookware? - February 29, 2020
- Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker Review - January 22, 2020