Revised August 2017
The Emeril Hard-Anodized Cookware Set is a sturdy, durable and affordable non stick cookware set, that includes tight fitting see-through lids and riveted on ergonomic handles, that allows home chefs to cook like a professional chef in their own home.
This cookware has a hard stain and scratch resistant non-stick cooking surface, won’t absorb flavors and smells of the foods, can be used on the stove top or in the oven and does not have the dangers of PTFE or PFOA, like other non stick cookware does.
What is Hard Anodized Cookware anyway?
Hard anodized cookware is often classified as non-stick cookware, and while hard anodized aluminum cookware has non-stick properties, similar to Teflon coated non-stick cookware, it is much more versatile than regular non stick cookware, including being able to go in the oven up to 400 degrees F, won’t chip like non stick cookware and is dishwasher safe.
Emeril Hard anodized cookware is made from electrochemically-hardened aluminum, in which the aluminum is soaked in sulfuric acid, and then exposed to low level electrical charges, which helps the aluminum oxide harden, which makes this normally soft metal twice as hard as stainless steel, and is virtually scratch resistant, and is non-reactive so it won’t stain and does not absorb flavors of the food being cooked.
The cooking surface of hard anodized cookware has a natural non-stick surface that some people actually say repels food from sticking to it, thus calling it natural non-stick cookware, and is better than Teflon-coated cookware.
One of the most popular types of cookware in use today is hard anodized cookware. Professional chefs wanted a line of cookware that would heat up evenly and quickly, was stain and scratch resistant, had a non-stick surface, could be used on the stove top or in the oven, and was durable enough for years of use in the busiest kitchens.
Features of Emeril Hard Anodized Cookware
- Triple-layer nonstick coating is easy to clean and safe for metal utensils.
- Heavy-gauge aluminum for quick, even heat distribution.
- Riveted stainless steel handles go from stovetop to oven, hard anodized aluminum is safe to 450 Degree, tempered glass lids are oven safe to 350 Degree.
- Convenient dishwasher-safe construction.
- Tempered glass lids help monitor cooking.
What Comes in the Emeril Hard Anodized Cookware 12 Piece Set?
- 8 inch fry pan
- 10 inch fry pan with lid
- 1 quart sauce pan with lid
- 3 quart casserole pan with lid
- 3 quart saute pan with lid
- 6 quart stock pot with lid
- steamer insert – 3 quart
- Lifetime warranty
Pro’s of the Emeril Hard Anodized Cookware Set
- Made for Emeril Cookware.
- Superior nonstick interior coating for perfect heat conductivity.
- Heats up evenly.
- Professional style handle is ergonomically design.ed for balance, control and comfort.
- Handles are permanently attached with stainless steel rivets.
- Tempered glass lids allow you to monitor cooking progress without removing lids.
- Glass lids are oven safe to 350 degree F.
- Hand Anodized cookware is oven safe to 450 degree F.
- Scratch-resistant and easy-to-clean.
- PFOA Free and Cadmium Free
- Life time warranty is provided.
Con’s of Emeril Hard Anodized Cookware
- While dishwasher safe, hand washing is recommended.
- Handles can get hot. Use rag or oven mitt when cooking to prevent burns.
- Can be heavier than other non-stick cookware.
- Metal cooking utensils are not recommended, use wood or nylon utensils.
Perfect First Cookware Set
If you are buying your first professional quality cookware set, you can’t go wrong with hard anodized cookware from Emeril Cookware. This popular hard anodized cookware from Emeril is made by All-Clad, one of the leading manufacturers of professional grade cookware, for your satisfaction, enjoyment, safety and many years of use.
This affordable hard anodized cookware set is perfect for any budget and designed for home cooks who are new to cooking all the way to discerning seasoned home chefs who want a professional cookware set.
Why Riveted on Handles are so important?
The Emeril Hard Anodized Cookware has permanently riveted on handles that won’t ever come loose or fall off. Having handles come loose or fall off during cooking can be dangerous, potentially cause potential burns or a kitchen fire if hot food or liquids spill onto your skin or stove, or may cause a huge mess in your kitchen.
Benefits of Ergonomic Handles
The 12 Piece Emeril Hard Anodized Cookware comes with ergonomic handles that make the pans easy to handle, and are evenly balanced to prevent hand or wrist injury and are permanently riveted on, so they will never come loose or fall off.
Tapered Lip for Easy Pouring
A unique feature of the
Emeril Hard Anodized Cookware is the tapered lip on the pots, sauce pans and skillets. Liquids pour out easily, with no drips or spills, and no mess to clean up.
The lids are designed to fit tightly over the tapered edge, to keep the heat and steam in where it belongs to help cook the food, and keep it warm.
Lids with Straining Holes, so you can pour without a mess!
The lids come with large pour spouts and small straining holes so that liquid can be removed to prevent food from falling out and to prevent nasty burns from hot steam or liquid.
Note: Some models of the Hard Anodized Cookware have sauce pans with pour spouts while others do not. All sets include lids with straining holes.
Is it Dishwasher safe?
Emeril Hard Anodized Cookware Set is not dishwasher safe and should be hand washed in warm water with mild dish washing soap to maintain optimum performance. Hand dry with a towel.
What Are People Saying about Their Emeril Hard Anodized Cookware Set?
- This is an affordable general purpose cookware set. It is durable (like cast iron but not heavy) and should last you a lifetime. L. Gregory, Alabama
- I needed something sturdy and functional that would not break my budget – this all around set from Emeril by All-Clad does the trick for me and my family. M. Wendellbro, Texas
- Bought 2 sets as a gift for my daughters and they love it! The ease of cooking and cleaning are priceless! M. Ramirez
- Bought this set as a Christmas present for myself. They really are non-stick, much smoother than some other brand hard anodized cookware I had. Very happy with purchase. Linda Chiappetta
- These are by far the best pans I’ve ever owned! My only complaint is that they are really hard to clean well where the handle is bolted to the pan.
Where Can You Buy Emeril Hard Anodized Cookware
Our research indicates the best online sellers of the Emeril by All-Clad Hard Anodized Cookware are:
Check out our other Emeril Cookware Reviews:
Latest posts by Ken Weiss (see all)
- Budget-Saving Party Tips for a Children’s Birthday Party - May 19, 2018
- Jamba Juice Smoothie Recipe - May 15, 2018
- Grilling Tips for Perfect Hamburgers - May 12, 2018