With summer times comes the annual tradition of having family and friends over for a barbecue. To make your outdoor grilling time even more fun it is important to have the proper BBQ accessories and equipment. Barbecuing is different than cooking on the stove, so the utensils you use for the grill should be different than those you use in the house. What’s the difference you ask? Well, on the stove you have a low flame coming from the burners, and on a barbecue you have flames coming up from the coals, or burners if you are using a gas grill, and temperatures approaching 400-500 degrees.
Here are the Essential BBQ Grilling Accessories Every Dad Needs
Before we talk about the essential Barbecue Accessories you will need, let’s talk Barbecues. You have several options to choose from in barbecues:
- Table top Barbecues
- Charcoal Barbecues
- Gas Barbecues
- Liquid Natural Gas Barbecues
Here are our picks for the best barbecues in each category. We chose the best based on price, features and customer reviews.
Best Table Top Gas Grill
Cuisinart 12,000-BTU Portable Outdoor Tabletop Propane Gas Grill
- 12,000-BTU tabletop gas grill with stainless-steel burner
- Twist-start ignition for easy start-ups; porcelain enamel-coated cast-iron cooking grate
- Modular grill-surface system; removable all-purpose veggie panel
- Folding side shelves; temperature gauge;
- Propane tank not included
- Measurements: 15 x 18.5 x 42 inches, Weighs 37 Lbs
To learn more about the Cuisinart Table Top Grill, just Go Here Now
Best Table Top Barbecue
The Best Table Top Barbecue is the classic Weber Smokey Joe Table Top Barbecue
The Weber Smokey Joe Table Top Charcoal Barbecue has been the industry standard in mini barbecues for backyards, patios, parks and the beach for generations.
Why pay full price, get your Weber Smokey Joe Table Top Barbecue at Amazon.com for just $29.95!
Best Propane Gas Grill
Weber Spirit E210 Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- Two stainless steel burners with 26,500 BTU-per-hour. There is also a 3 Burner option
- 360 -square inch of cooking area and 90 -square inch for warming
- Porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates and porcelain-enameled Flavorizer bars
- Electronic Crossover ignition system starts with the push of a button
- Assembled dimensions with the lid open 63-inch by 60-inch by 32-inch
To learn more about the Weber Spirit E210 Liquid Propane Gas Grill, Click Here
Let’s Discuss Essential Barbecue Accessories Every Grill Master needs when barbecuing
Barbecue Essential #1 – Barbecue Grilling Set
You need to keep a bit of distance from the barbecue grill to prevent burns, and kitchen utensils are generally too short and not heat resistant like high quality barbecue equipment is.
Let’s get started with the essentials every grilling master needs:
- Chef’s spatula
- Grill tongs
- Silicone basting brush,
- Corn holders
- Cleaning brush
A barbecue grilling set should be made from stainless steel. For one the set looks awesome and you will feel like a professional chef using these professional quality utensils from Cuisinart.
Handles are long enough and weighted perfectly so you can keep a safe distance from the flame, but not too far that it becomes difficult to use these utensils.
They are ergonomically designed to be weighted perfectly so they feel comfortable in your hands.
Stainless Steel is a non-reactive metal, so the handles don’t get too hot to touch as compared to aluminum or other metals, and these are super easy to clean.
This Cuisinart Grilling Set lists for $49, and you can get it Here for just $27.00.
Barbecue Essential #2 – Meat Handling Forks
The Bear Paw Meat Handling Forks have so many uses, you’ll be amazed.
- You can shred pork or beef brisket like a pro.
- Remove a turkey, pork roast, beef roast or brisket from a roasting pan or grill with ease.
- Use one Bear Paw to hold a turkey, pork roast, beef roast, brisket or any other kind of meat in place with one hand while you slice it with a knife.
- Hold a watermelon
- Perfect for gardening and aerating soil!
These meat handling forks are proudly made in the USA and are approved by the FDA, and recommended by the National BBQ Association, America’s Test Kitchen and numerous barbecue pitmasters.
Get your Bear Paws Meat Handing Forks at Amazon.com for just $14.95
Barbecue Essential #3 – Meat Thermometer
Cooking meat to the proper minimum internal temperature of 145° F for steak and 160-165° F for beef, pork, chicken, lamb and turkey is crucial to ensure your meat is cooked thoroughly and prevent food borne illnesses.
Cooking temperature source: FoodSafety.Gov
Get Your Weber Digital Meat Thermometer, which a barbecue Best Seller at Amazon.com
Barbecue Essential #4 – Barbecue Vegetable Basket
If you love the taste of grilled vegetables, then a Barbecue Vegetable Basket is your Barbecue Essential #4
Barbecue Essential #5 – Barbecue Shish Kabob Set
No Summer Barbecue is complete without shish Kebob.
This Barbecue Shish Kebob Set from Brinkmann, an industry leader in barbecues and barbecue accessories is another Amazon Barbecue Best Seller and must have for your summer barbecue.
Barbecue Essential #6 – Hellfire BBQ Gloves
- Includes two Hellfire Gloves
- Hellfire Barbecue Gloves protect your hands from heat and flames on the barbecue.
- One size fits all
- Withstands temperatures up to 660° F to prevent your hands from getting burned from flames or a hot grill.
- 100% Cotton lining
- Machine Washable
- 666 day, “Come Hell or High Water”, 100% money-back, hassle-free guarantee. The only one of its kind!
Get Your Hellfire Barbecue Gloves now at Amazon.com
Barbecue Essential #7 – Batman BBQ Apron
What dad doesn’t want to barbecue like a Super Hero.
Round out your BBQ accessories with this stylish DC Comics Batman Barbecue Apron.
Latest posts by Ken Weiss (see all)
- Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker Review - January 22, 2020
- How to Make Perfect Sushi Rice at Home? - January 11, 2020
- Abbio Cookware Review - Affordable Non Stick Stainless Steel Cookware - December 19, 2019