Kale Smoothie Recipe
One of the best, delicious and nutritious drinks you can make with your Omega Masticating Juicer is a kale smoothie. If you don’t know what kale is or how to use it, this leafy green vegetable is in fact one of the healthiest vegetables on the planet.
One cup of kale has just 33 calories and packs 9% of the daily value of calcium, 206% of vitamin A, 134% of vitamin C, and a whopping 684% of vitamin K. This once unheard of green, leafy vegetable is also a good source of minerals copper, potassium, iron, manganese, and phosphorus.
Kale’s health benefits are primarily linked to the high concentration and excellent source of antioxidant vitamins A, C, and K — and sulphur-containing phytonutrients.
You can blend kale into a a delicious vegetable smoothie or add it to your salad. Several juice bars now serve kale smoothies, but are a bit on the expensive side, usually costing between $4-$6 for an 8-12 ounce cup.
You can make this smoothie at home for a fraction of the price with your Omega Masticating Juicer.
If you don’t have an Omega Masticating Juicer, click here to learn more.
- 1/2 cup (packed) flat-leaf parsley (leaves and stems)
- 4 kale leaves (center ribs removed)
- 1 cup frozen organic berries (such as strawberries or raspberries)
- 1 banana (cut into pieces)
- 1 teaspoon ground flaxseed
Add kale, parsley, berries, banana and flaxseed into your masticating juicer.
If you don’t have a masticating juicer, put the ingredients into a food processor and puree until smooth. Add up to one cup of water slowly if too thick.
Latest posts by Ken Weiss (see all)
- What is the Best Masticating Juicer You Can Buy? - July 13, 2019
- Smeg 5-Quart Stand Mixer Review - July 13, 2019
- Flirty Aprons Review - Sexy Chefs Aprons for Men and Women - July 12, 2019