Professional chefs and discerning home cooks who want the best enameled cast iron prefer Le Creuset Cookware, and it is usually at the top of every home cook’s wish list.
Cast iron has been around for thousands of years, due to it’s sturdy construction, even and heating, and heat retention, so that your food is cooked thoroughly and stays warm longer than in any other type of cookware.
Le Creuset has remaining one of premier manufacturers of cast iron cookware sets around the world for nearly 100 years..
Each piece of Le Creuset Cast iron is unique, and is true green cookware. It is made by hand without harmful chemicals and uses lead-free coatings.
Le Creuset History
The story of Le Creuset Cookware (pronounced law-crew-say), which you can read here, began in 1925, when casting specialist Armand Desaegher and enameling expert Octave Aubecq, met and discovered an opportunity to make cast iron cookware even better.
They found that they could coat bare cast iron cookware with an enamel coating. This created a unique non stick cast iron cooking surface.
The enamel coating creates a non-stick cooking surface that prevents food from sticking and is easy to clean without scrubbing for hours until your elbow is numb.
Since creuset is the French word for cauldron or melting pot, it was fitting that the first Le Creuset cast iron skillet was painted in orange flame, the color of cast iron when it first comes out of the 2000 degree flaming cauldron, from which they are born. Is it any wonder that to this day Flame is still their best selling color.
Hand-made Cookware By Artisans
Rather than the mass produced low quality cast iron cookware made in China, Le Creuset cookware available here is still made by hand in France, by trained casting specialists, who still use the same exacting production methods developed by its founders nearly a century ago.
Each piece of Le Creuset begins by pouring molten steel into a sand mold. The artisans destroy each mold is after each use.
After each stage in the manufacturing process, each piece goes through an inspection process. Only the best pieces continue to the next step. Any piece that fails inspection is sent back to the creuset. It is melted down and starts its life over again.
While most enameled cast iron has a white cooking surface, Le Creuset has mastered the enameling process.
Le Creuset Cookware 6 Pc Set
- 2-1/4-quart saucier pan with lid
- 5-1/2-quart round French oven with lid
- 10-inch square skillet grill with black enamel cooking surface
- 8-by-10-inch roaster
You can get the 6-pc Classic Le Creuset Cookware Set here in the following exciting colors.
Just click a picture below to see the Colors available, to learn more and buy it on Amazon.com.
Flame (the most popular color)
Nine Benefits of Le Creuset Cookware:
- The baked on enamel coating will never chip or crack, like Teflon coated non-stick pans eventually do. In addition, enameled cast iron does not have the potential health risks of PFOA coating in non stick cookware.
- Le Creuset is the most versatile cast iron cookware, since the coating acts as a non-stick cooking surface that keep food from sticking and is easier to clean than bare cast iron skillets.
- Use your new Le Creuset cast iron skillet to make everything from sauces, soups, rice dishes and more in the saucier.
- If you enjoy making large pots of soup, stews or other hearty dishes, the 5-1/2-quart round French oven will quickly become your favorite cooking pot.
- The 10-inch square skillet grill is perfect for grilling chicken, making bacon strips for breakfast, grilling hamburgers, your favorite chops or grilling healthy fish.
- The raised ridges of this cast iron skillet give meat or vegetables grill marks like your favorite restaurant, and keeps food above grease or fat drippings for healthy cooking.
- Dual spouts make for easy drip-free pouring of juices onto your food or to easily discard fat or grease.
- Offers white or black enameled cooking surface.
Visit Le Creuset Cookware Store on Amazon.com
to Shop for for the best deals on Le Creuset Cookware Sets and accessories.
Safe for Stove Top and Ovens
Every piece of Le Creuset Cookware is safe to use on the stove top or oven. The cookware can withstand heat up to 400 º F.
Easy to Clean
Le Creuset cast iron is easy to clean by hand or in the dishwasher. Follow the manufacturer’s care instructions to ensure a lifetime of use.
Stay Cool Knob
If you have ever cooked with cast iron cookware then you know it gets pretty hot. The stay cook knobs make it easy to remove the lid without getting burned.
Le Creuset Cookware come with ergonomic handles to ensure a safe, secure grip when transporting from stove to table to prevent burns and injury.
Can you Season Enameled Cast Iron?
The advantage of Le Creuset Cast Iron Cookware over bare cast iron cookware is that it does not need to be seasoned.
The enamel coating creates a non stick cooking surface.
Health Benefits of Cast Iron Cookware
When you cook with cast iron cookware , a small trace of iron is absorbed into the food and ultimately into your body.
Iron is a trace metal that comes from the earth and is critical to human health. The mineral Iron is found in the hemoglobin of blood and is responsible to transport oxygen from the lungs to the tissues, and to transport carbon dioxide back to the lungs. Iron deficiency is a common human ailment, due to lack of consumption of foods naturally high in iron.
What are People Saying?
Shelley wrote – I recommend this product to any avid cook. Especially for soups and stews, the dutch oven is just…marvelous.
L. Jarkow wrote – I have had a set of these pots and pans for over 30 years and love them. This is a great price, you can’t beat it and a very useful set for a start.
Bob wrote – I bought this for my wife. She loves the set. I think food tastes better from Le Creuset products. I rate this 5 star because my wife is so happy. What else can a guy say?
Where Can You Buy Le Creuset Cookware?