- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup green olives, sliced
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven over low heat. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, and bell pepper and cook for 8-10 minutes until the onions are soft. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 4-5 minutes per side. Add the lemon and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the parsley and add barely enough water to cover everything in the pot. Bring to a boil, and then turn the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 50-60 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add more water if necessary. Serve warm, topped with fresh parsley.
- Servings: 4-6
- Difficulty: Medium
Latest posts by Ken Weiss (see all)
- Xtrema Cookware Review - the-cookingpot - December 26, 2022
- Zojirushi Japanese Rice Cooker 3 cup & Warmer Review - August 24, 2022
- Sodastream Terra Home Soda Maker Review - the-cookingpot - August 16, 2022
This recipe looks so good! I can’t wait to try this someday. Thanks for posting!
Tray recently posted…Is One Meal A Day Healthy? The Hidden Risks You Should Know
Let me know how it turns out.
Great recipes, love it. Healthy and delicious. Thanks for posting.