Paleo Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Prep Time: 20 min Cook Time: 1 hr 5 min Total Time: 1 hr 25 min Yield: 1.5 Quart Loaf
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin (or make your own)
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add coconut oil and sugar to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add eggs and blitz just a few seconds to break the yolks and combine into the mixture.
- Add almond flour, baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and water and blitz in the food processor until everything is well combined.
- Add pumpkin and blitz just to blend into the other ingredients.
- Optional Step: Pour the mixture into a small mixing bowl. Use a spatula so you don’t leave any remaining batter in the food processor. Stir in the cranberries and walnuts, if you’re using them.
- Grease all the sides of a 1.5 quart glass bread loaf with coconut oil.
- Transfer the batter to the loaf pan and smooth out the top.
- Add a layer of dried cranberries for decoration and transfer the pan to the oven.
- Bake for 65-75 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the center to test consistency. Remove loaf pan from the oven and let rest 10-15 minutes. Slice and serve. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Enjoy! :)