With summer in full swing, grilling burgers on the barbeque is an American pastime everyone enjoys on a hot summer day or night. Grilling Turkey Burgers is a delicious lower fat alternative to red meat (14 g of fat for turkey, vs 17 grams of fat for hamburger meat, and 203 vs 243 calories. If you are trying to lose weight, or just watch your calorie and fat intake, this kicked up easy turkey burger recipe, from The Food Network, might just make you re-think red meat for healthier turkey burgers.
This recipe uses a few ingredients you might not think of when making turkey burgers, which kicks up this American classic.
The original recipe called for 14 oz of 93% ground turkey meat and 6 oz of sirloin, but to make a healthier burger, this recipe uses 20 oz of lean 93% ground turkey meat. You can also use 85/15 ground turkey. This has 15 grams of fat, vs 7 grams for 93% ground turkey. If you are on a low calorie or low fat diet, use 93% ground turkey.
If you really like hamburgers, use 14 oz of ground turkey meat and 6 oz of sirloin.
You can find more delicious hamburger recipes like this on Burgers, Brew & ‘Que beginning Friday, July 17th, 2015 at 10:30|9:30c on Food Network!
- Xtrema Cookware Review - the-cookingpot - December 26, 2022
- Zojirushi Japanese Rice Cooker 3 cup & Warmer Review - August 24, 2022
- Sodastream Terra Home Soda Maker Review - the-cookingpot - August 16, 2022
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 14 Oz 93% lean ground tyurkey You can substitute 85/15 ground turkey.
- 2 TBLS + 2 Tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tsp Hot Sauce
- 2 TBLSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove Garlic, smashed
- 4 ea whole wheat buns or pita If you are on a Paleo diet, use paleo buns or wrap turkey burger in lettuce
- to taste Fresh Ground Pepper
- 2 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
This is a kicked up version of the classic turkey burger recipe from my friends at the Food Network, with a few modifications for people eating a low fat diet, or a paleo diet.
You can find more delicious hamburger recipes like this on Burgers, Brew & 'Que beginning Friday, July 17th, 2015 at 10:30|9:30c on Food Network!