Rao’s Italian Restaurant has been serving up home-made Italian food to hungry families since 1896. The restaurant, which opened in New York, now has two other locations in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.
The folks at Rao’s Restaurant found my blog and liked the easy recipes I provide to my readers and contacted me. They asked if I would like to share their popular Rao’s Famous Easy Lemon Chicken Recipe with my loyal readers.
Now you can serve this popular and delicious easy lemon chicken recipe to your family and friends.
RAO’S New York has been making authentic Southern Neopolitan Italian cooking. Rao’s was honored with a pinnacle Three stars from Mimi Sheraton, the famous New York Restaurant Critic. She described Rao’s Italian cuisine as “Exquisitely Simple Italian cooking.
Now, you can make the same delicious recipes created by chefs at Rao’s Italian Restaurant for your own family and friends in the comfort in your home kitchen.
- Xtrema Cookware Review - the-cookingpot - December 26, 2022
- Zojirushi Japanese Rice Cooker 3 cup & Warmer Review - August 24, 2022
- Sodastream Terra Home Soda Maker Review - the-cookingpot - August 16, 2022
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
|Cook Time||35-40 Minutes|
- 2 Cups Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tblsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1.5 Tsp Fresh Minced Garlic
- 1.5 Tsp Dried Oregano
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat Boiler for approximately 15 minutes, or until hot.
- Broil chicken halves for 30 minutes, turning once, until skin is golden brown, and juices run clear when poked with a knife or fork.
- While chicken is in broiler, make the lemon sauce in a large bowl and put aside.
- Remove chicken from broiler, but leave broiler on.
- Using a sharp knife, cut each chicken into 6 pieces (legs, thighs, wings and breast).
- Place chicken pieces onto an oiled baking sheet, with skin side up.
- Pour lemon sauce over chicken and toss to coat well.
- Return chicken to broiler, and broil for 3 minutes. Turn pieces and broil for another minute.
- Remove chicken pieces from broiler, and place on a serving plate, or you can divide evenly between 6 warm plates.
- Pour sauce from the broiler plan into a heavy sauce pan. Stir in 1/4 cup chopped Italian Parsley. Place sauce pan on stove top burner and heat on High for one minute. Spoon sauced over each piece of chicken.
- Serve with crusty bread to absorb all the delicious sauce.
- Wisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.