Are you tired of spending five or six bucks for a six pack of your favorite soda, or constantly checking newspaper inserts for sales to save a dollar or 2?
With the SodaStream Terra home soda maker, you can make your favorite soda or sparking water beverage at home for a fraction of the price of store bought drink. Even better SodaStream beverages are free of added sugar, high fructose corn syrup and aspartame.
This product review contains affiliate links. We may make a small commission if you purchase this product.
You will not pay a higher price for the product.
The SodaStream Terra Sparkling Water Maker turns tap water to sparkling water or your favorite soda in seconds! Designed for the modern kitchen, it features the new Quick Connect technology for fast and easy CO2 cylinder insertion. Shop Now!
Sodastream syrups are made with less sugar and corn syrup than store bought drinks, and are 100% free of high-fructose corn syrup and aspartame. You can’t beat the cost savings of SodaStream either. Each bottle of soda or sparkling water costs a fraction of the store-bought beverages.
You’re also significantly reducing your waste footprint. Each bottle can be used for up to 2 years. Just hand wash and reuse.
Once you use a Sodastream Terra, you’ll wonder how you lived without it for so long. You may wonder why you’ve been throwing away so much money on expensive store bought sodas and sparking waters for so long.
What is the Sodastream
Sodastream has been making carbonated beverage machines for nearly a century. This is an amazing company where Israelis, Palestinians and Bedouins live and work in peace and harmony. Sodastream finally came to the US in the 1990’s. The popularity of Sodastream in the US has continued to grow.
Sodastream has four models to chose from:
- One Touch
- and Aqua Fizz.
- Today we are looking at Terra. We will review the other models at a later date.
One bottle of syrup can make up to 50 – 8 oz glasses of your favorite carbonated beverage. SodaStream was invented in Israel nearly 100 years ago in 1903! It was finally introduced to the United States in the 1990’s, and has been a hit ever since.
What Comes with the Sodastream Terra Home Soda Maker
- Terra Home Soda Maker
- Quick Connect Carbonation Cylinder
- 1 – 1 Liter Plastic Carbonating Bottle
How Does Sodastream Terra Work?
Sodastream Terra works in just three easy steps to make your favorite soda or fizzy water in your own home.
- You first attach a carbonator cylinder to the unit. It carbonates tap water, so you can make soda pr carbonated water at home.add cold water to the bottle.
- Next, add cold water to the bottle attach the bottle to the Sodastream Terra unit and press the button on the carbonator to add carbonation to the water.
- Finally, unscrew the bottle from the carbonator and add add your favorite syrup. Screw on the cap, shake it up and you’re ready to enjoy!
Sodastream has introduced so many new flavors for sodas and fizzy water, you will definitely be able to find a flavor you will like.
- You simply fill the bottle, which comes with the unit, with tap water to the fill line.
- Screw the bottle into the soda maker.
- Press the button a few time to carbonate the water, unscrew the bottle from the unit add your favorite SodaStream syrup.
- Put the bottle cap on and lightly shake the bottle to mix the syrup and water.
- You are ready to enjoy your favorite home made soda or carbonated beverage.
Are the Sodastream Syrups Kosher?
If you’re wanting to get a Sodastream home soda maker, but you’re not sure if the syrups are kosher. Yes, the Sodastream syrups are kosher and OU certified.
How Much Soda will a Bottle of Sodastream Syrup make?
Each 500ml (16.9 Fl Oz) beverage mix bottle makes the equivalent of 12 liters of soda, or about 33 cans of soda. Sodastream offers over 25 flavors to make your favorite carbonated beverage.
Sodastream Comparison Chart
What Happens When my CO2 Cylinder is empty?
Sodastream Terra has this all figured out for you to easily get a new CO2 cylinder.
Don’t throw away the cylinder. Several stores that sell the Sodastream Carbonated Drink System also sell replacement 60 Oz carbonators.
Bed Bath and Beyond offers a cylinder exchange program. Just bring in your empty CO2 cylinder. You can exchange it for a new fully changed cylinder ready to use for about half the price of buying a new one.
They only sell and exchange 60 Oz CO2 cylinders. You can also use your Bed Bath and Beyond discount coupons to reduce the price of the carbonator even further.
Why the Soda Bottles have an Expiration Date?
Sodastream plastic bottles are put under pressure each time you fill the bottle with CO2. They unfortunately will not last forever. Over time the bottle loses its ability to maintain sufficient CO2 pressure for your beverage.
Check the date stamped on bottom of your bottles. For your safety and satisfaction, you’ll know when to discard them in your garbage recycle bin and purchase new ones.
BPA bottles are not dishwasher safe. You should wash the bottles by hand in warm soapy water. Do not use hot water. This may damage the bottle.
Disadvantages of Sodastream
- The 1 liter bottles are smaller than 2 liter soda bottles sold in stores.
- You may have to make soda more often.
- The casing is made from light weight plastic. If you drop it on the ground, the casing is likely to crack.
iSi Classic Sodamaker
Spärkel Beverage System
AARKE – CARBONATOR II SPARKLING WATER MAKER
DrinkMate OmniFizz Sparkling Water and Soda Maker
Where to Buy a Sodastream Terra Home Soda Maker
- Xtrema Cookware Review - the-cookingpot - December 26, 2022
- Zojirushi Japanese Rice Cooker 3 cup & Warmer Review - August 24, 2022
- Sodastream Terra Home Soda Maker Review - the-cookingpot - August 16, 2022