The Tassimo T12 Single Serve Coffee Maker doesn’t just make the perfect single serve coffee, it also makes a perfect single serve latte with frothy milk, cappuccino, hot tea and cocoa and other hot single serve beverages.
Tassimo is the affordable option when you want to make just a single cup of coffee, and you don’t want to make a pot of coffee, since it is just too difficult to figure out how to measure enough coffee for just one or two cups with a with a 12-cup coffee maker?
I have used both the Tassimo and Keurig K-Cup coffee makers, and while both generally do a good job at making a single cup of coffee, I found the Tassimo T12 is a more versatile single cup coffee maker. The Tassimo Coffee Maker heats up the water as it brews the coffee, whereas the Keurig coffee serve maker must heat the water first before it brews, which can take several minutes. This can be a major inconvenience if you’re in a hurry and forget to turn it on in advance.
In Keurig’s defense, K-cup coffee disks are easier to find in grocery stores. If you want to make a latte and not just a cup of coffee, then again the Tassimo single cup coffee maker is your best choice. Tassimo has a much better variety of specialty coffee drinks available, such as latte, cappuccino, hot cocoa, hot apple cider and delicious frothy milk.
The latte I made from the Tassimo Single Cup Coffee Maker was as good as any I have had in Starbucks, and at a fraction of the price. Don’t just take my word for it, Consumer Reports unbiased review rates the Tassimo Single Serve Coffee Maker a best buy.
- Brew a single cup of coffee at the touch of a button in about a minute.
- Uses T-Disc coffee pods with barcode technology to brew the perfect cup of coffee, latte, cappuccino, tea or hot chocolate.
- No measuring, no fuss, and virtually no cleanup.
- LED user interface
- Only the Tassimo Coffee Maker offers you a choice of coffee, cappuccinos, lattes, teas and hot chocolate made conveniently in a single serve beverage size made hot in just seconds.
What is the Tassimo Single Serve Coffee Maker?
The Tassimo T12, available at Amazon, is a popular single serve coffee maker from Bosch that can make a wide assortment of single serve hot beverages, including coffee, tea, cappuccino, espresso, latte with frothy milk, hot chocolate and more conveniently at home or in the office in about a minute. You can also learn about six benefits of the Tassimo coffee maker.
While the Tassimo T12 is hands down their most popular singe cup coffee maker, and a best seller on Amazon.com, Bosch makes several models of their wildly popular single serve coffee brewers for you to choose from.
You can see all the models of the Tassimo Single Cup Coffee Maker here.
How is the Tassimo Single Serve Coffee Maker different than the Keurig coffee maker?
- The Keurig coffee maker only coffee, tea and hot chocolate. With the unique bar code technology in the Tassimo coffee brewer, the barcode reader scans the bar code on each T DISC, which contains precise directions for each beverage.
- The Tassimo T12 Single Cup Coffee Maker has a shorter brew time than Keurig, because the Tassimo coffee maker heats the water as it brews, which takes about a minute; while the Keurig must heat the water reservoir first, which can take up to five minutes, then you have to wait for the ready light to flash. Now, you are ready to spend another minute or so for your coffee to brew.
- If you’re in a hurry to get your single serve cup of coffee before you run out the door to work, that extra five minutes it can take with a Keurig can be a killer.
- The Tassimo single serve coffee maker from Bosch has a semi-automatic cleaning and “descaling” system to remove rust, limestone and calcium build up to ensure each cup of coffee tastes like your favorite coffee house beverage. Keurig has only manual cleaning, so you have to do more work each time you clean and descale your coffee maker.
Why Should You Consider Buying a Tassimo Single Serve Coffee Maker?
Have you ever tried to make a single cup of coffee with a 10 cup or 12 cup coffee maker, which is the standard coffee maker most people own? You try to measure out just enough coffee for a single cup.
After the coffee comes out like brown water or is way too strong you get frustrated a make a whole pot for just one cup of coffee, and then end up pouring out the rest of the coffee. If you buy premium coffee, like Starbucks, then you know how much money you are pouring down the drain with each cup of coffee.
With a single cup coffee maker, like the Bosch Tassimo, your dilemma of trying to make just a single cup of coffee is over. The coffee, tea or latte is already pre-measured in special T-Discs, which has a special barcode that tells your Tassimo Single Serve Coffee Maker what is being made. The barcode contains all the information, such as amount of water needed, and correct temperature for a perfect cup of coffee.
If you’re making a latte, just take out the coffee T-Disc when it is done brewing and put in the milk T-Disc. In about 30 seconds your latte is now topped with big, frothy white foam. You can’t do that with a Keurig.
It’s All in the Barcode
While Keurig makes a seingle serve coffee, tea, and hot cocoa, Tassimo learned from its customers that making the perfect hot beverage requires the right temperature, water volume and perfect amount of coffee.
That’s why the Tassimo T12 has a unique barcode system that reads the special instructions imprinted on barcode on each T-Disc. Your T-Disc knows what type of hot beverage you are making, and reads the instructions to set the water level, temperature and brewing time to make a perfect coffee, latte with frothy foam, cappuccino, tea, cider or hot chocolate every time in about a minute.
Perfect Hot Beverage in About a Minute
Keurig takes 3-4 minutes to heat the water before it brews your beverage. The Tassimo coffee maker doesn’t keep you waiting. The Tassimo Single Serve Coffee Maker heats the water as it brews to eliminate the water warming time, so you enjoy your delicious hot beverage in only 60 seconds!
What is a T-Disc?
The ingenious Tassimo Disc (T DISC) was developed exclusively for use with your Bosch Tassimo single cup coffee maker. You can see the full line of beverages for the Tassimo T-Disc. Each T DISC contains a perfect single serving measured portion of coffee, hot chocolate, tea, or shelf-stable liquid milk creamer.
When the T DISC is inserted, the Bosch Tassimo brewer reads the unique barcode printed on the label. The code specifies the beverage to be made, beverage size, brewing time and optimum temperature required to prepare your delicious hot drink. All the brewing occurs inside the T DISC, ensuring perfect quality in every cup in about one minute.
The machine reads the barcode printed on the T DISC label and automatically adjusts the brewing conditions to prepare the perfect cup. Instead of having to wait for a container of water to heat up, like with the Keurig, brewing occurs inside the T DISC and flows directly from the T DISC into the cup. You can prepare different drinks, one after the other, each of perfect quality in a fraction of the time with other single cup coffee makers.
Tassimo Liquid Creamer T-Disc for Lattes and Capuccinos
You probably have seen shelf-stable milk in your local grocery store that is on a shelf and not in the refrigerated section. Tassimo worked with Kraft Foods to make single serving shelf-stable, liquid milk creamer for the T DISCs to use in beverages such as cappuccinos and lattes.
The milk product was perfected through the extensive dairy production capabilities of Kraft Foods. Like other Tassimo beverages, the barcode tells the coffee maker what is being heated, the quantity of creamer in the disc to be heated, the temperature needed for perfect frothy foam and how much water to use.
After you brew the coffee, remove the coffee T-Disc and insert a milk T-Disc and close the lid. In about a minute, out pours hot frothy milk to give you the perfect latte or cappuccino. It is amazing how the Tassimo coffee makes just seems to know how to make a perfect delicious hot latte or cappuccino with hot frothy milk every time.
No Need To Refrigerate the Milk?
The Milk creamer T DISC are made with real milk, and then heat treated so they are shelf-stable and do not require refrigeration.
The Tassimo Single Serve Coffee Maker has so many beverages for T Disc
Tassimo T DISCs are available in a wide range of beverages, including:
- Rich Coffees: Roasted from 100% Arabica beans – Regular and Decaffeinated in a variety of roasts.
- Frothy Cappuccinos and Lattes. Made by combining bold espressos and frothed milk creamer.
- Café Crema Coffees: Rich 100% Arabica coffees capped with tiny, velvety bubbles of coffee foam.
- Espresso: Bold Espressos capped with crema for an authentic coffee house taste.
- Teas: Flavorful Green and Black teas from Twinings.
- Mocha: Delicious blends of deep chocolate and rich espresso
- Hot Chocolate: Rich and creamy Hot Chocolate made from the finest European chocolate.
Cleaning the Tassimo Coffee Maker is a Breeze
Remember what a pain it is to clean and descale a regular coffee maker? Pouring in vinegar then running it through the brewer three times, and then having do the process again with a pot of cold water to clean out the vinegar.
Tassimo has made this cleaning process a breeze. All you need is a Tassimo Cleaning T-Disc that comes with your Tassimo coffee maker, a pitcher of water, and a descale remover available here. The process takes about 20 minutes.
Tassimo Single Cup Coffee Maker Testimonials
On the Amazon 5 star scale, the Tassimo T12 received a solid 4 out of 5 stars.
This is the Tassimo system you want, stop looking and buy the Bosch
finally! A solid pod system!
Absolutely Great! Better than Kurieg!
Buying the Tassimo Saved My Family Hundreds of Dollars
simply the BEST
LOVE IT MORE THAN MY KEURIG
Where Can You Buy a Tassimo Single Cup Coffee Maker?
Latest posts by Ken Weiss (see all)
- Easy Indian Food Recipes – Mushroom Tikka - March 21, 2018
- Easy Paleo Pasta Recipe - Zucchini Noodles with Creamy Avocado Pesto - March 12, 2018
- How to Get Rid of Kitchen Pests Once and For all - March 7, 2018