A meal delivery service brings fresh foods to people who aren’t able to get out of the house to go to the store to shop for groceries. You can also use this kind of service if you’re simply too busy during the day with work and other tasks to get to the store or to prepare nutritious meals for yourself or your family.
Some of the meal delivery companies bring fresh ingredients and the recipe of your choice, while others delivery read-to-eat meals you just put in the microwave then enjoy.
Seven delivery services were reviewed and used before the top three were chosen by a team that devoted their time and efforts to making sure customers are happy.
The review work started with 15 Meal Delivery Services. However, there were features that automatically took some of those services out of running, such as:
- Are the meal delivery boxes that are delivered and the range of delivery from the company to the home or business.
- Of the seven most popular meal delivery services were Blue Apron, Home Chef, and Purple Carrot.
- When these seven were selected, the reviewers started placing orders for a variety of foods to be delivered.
- At least 24 recipes were tried by the reviewers, some that were ordered more than once so that multiple people could see if there was any kind of difference in taste or texture.
- When all of the food was delivered, over 50 meals were prepared by the reviewers.
Information from reviews online was taken into consideration before making a final selection about the top meal delivery service programs. Reviewers also examined some of the recommendations from the companies about what to keep in mind when subscribing for services and what to do in order to get new foods delivered each week.
The first thing that the reviewers wanted to know when comparing meal delivery plans was whether the food was delivered fresh to be prepared at home, ready-to-be-eaten or frozen.
Nutritional information for 30 meals was examined in order to see which company delivered the freshest foods and those that were the healthiest. Convenience played another factor in determining which programs reached the top of the list. The meal kits and foods delivered by these meal services are meant to help ease the stress and hassle of cooking at home after a long day or if you need to prepare a meal for a large number of people.
All of the meals ordered are delivered right to your front door. Some of the options that the reviewers looked at included:
- can you customize the delivery dates?
- how many meal options do you have?
- do the services offer refunds for foods that weren’t of the same quality advertised or that were expired when they arrived?
One of the things that makes a meal delivery service stand out from others is that the meals are meant for people with all types of cooking skills. While there are some negative points about many of the meal delivery programs that were tested, there are numerous positive points featured from the best programs available to consumers.
HelloFresh is rated the best meal delivery service overall. Deliveries can be made any day of the week, and ingredients are wrapped individually to make it easier to sort through items to make meals.
Plated offers more options for those who might not be that great in the kitchen. There are more instructions with the meals and meals that are easier to prepare than some that are from other companies.
Blue Apron offers the best recipes and the freshest ingredients. The combinations of ingredients for many of the meals are those that you might see in a restaurant.
Latest posts by Ken Weiss (see all)
- 10 Best Hard Anodized Cookware Sets for Home Cooks - November 17, 2017
- What are the Benefits of Cooking with Real Ceramic Cookware? - October 30, 2017
- What is the Best Meal Delivery Service? - October 19, 2017