Easy Indian Food Recipes – Mushroom Tikka
Mushroom Tikka Recipe
Are you a mushroom fan? If yes, then you must read and try this delicious Indian food recipe – mushroom tikka that I am about to share in this post.
I like the taste of mushrooms because it is different from all vegetables, plus I can play with spices and make a unique recipe every time. Talking about spices, where can I find more spices in the food than Indian food?
Indian food is spicy, but it’s not that it will make your tongue and throat burn that people fear, it is the kick from the spices that you receive after eating Indian food that can add trepidation to those new to this southern Asian delicacy.
I tried an Indian recipe with mushrooms in it, and the interesting part it, I cooked it on my Traeger Renegade Elite grill. The name of the recipe was ‘Mushroom Tikka’, where ‘Tikka’ means ‘skewers’.
I loved the recipe, as I used a host of spices in a very balanced manner, which eventually enhanced the taste of the recipe.
Let me discuss this recipe in detail so that you can try it on your grill in the upcoming days.
Grilled Mushroom Tikka Recipe Every Mushroom Lover Should Try!
This is a delicious and easy to make Indian dish that can be served as a side dish or as an entree.
The chutney is delicious, and you can use it as an accompaniment to the mushroom tikka recipe. You will find this chutney to be very exciting in terms of flavors, plus it is good for digestion.
The recipe is easy to prepare and doesn’t take much time as well. If you don’t eat non-veg or have left it due to personal reasons, then you can make this mushroom tikka recipe and experience a similar sort of taste.
Instructions for Mushroom Tikka
1. Start off with rinsing all the mushrooms in water.
2. After that, drain and wipe the mushrooms. If the earthy base of the mushrooms is irking you, then you can trim that part.
3. Now, take a medium bowl and put all the mushrooms in it.
4. Add carom seeds, all spice powders, salt, and oil in the bowl and mix all the ingredients well.
5. Let the mushrooms marinate for around half an hour. By the time mushrooms marinate, you can turn on the grill over medium heat.
6. After marinating the mushrooms for half an hour, you need to add gram flour to the bowl and mix all the ingredients well.
7. Brush the grate with some oil.
8. Thread mushrooms on the skewers and put it on the grill. Keep mushrooms on the grill until they become brown and tender. It will take 10-15 minutes.
9. Then, you can take the mushrooms off the skewers and sprinkle some chaat masala, lemon juice and coriander leaves on the mushrooms.
10. The recipe is ready, and now you can enjoy it alone or with your family or friends. If you want, you can prepare a green chutney (sauce) because mushroom tikka tastes a lot better with this sauce.
Instructions for Green Chutney
1. Rinse coriander leaves in water followed by roughly chopping the leaves.
2. Now blend green chilies, cumin powder, coriander leaves, ginger, lemon juice, salt and chaat masala in the blender.
3. Add 1-2 tsps., water in the blender to create a smooth mixture. If more water is required, then add more because you need a smooth chutney, like a paste.
4. Once made, take the chutney out the blender and keep aside.