Are you a mushroom fan? If yes, then you must read and try this delicious Indian food recipe – mushroom tikka that I am about to share in this post.
I like the taste of mushrooms because it is different from all vegetables, plus I can play with spices and make a unique recipe every time. Talking about spices, where can I find more spices in the food than Indian food?
Indian food is spicy, but it’s not that it will make your tongue and throat burn that people fear, it is the kick from the spices that you receive after eating Indian food that can add trepidation to those new to this southern Asian delicacy.
I tried an Indian recipe with mushrooms in it, and the interesting part it, I cooked it on my Traeger Renegade Elite grill. The name of the recipe was ‘Mushroom Tikka’, where ‘Tikka’ means ‘skewers’.
I loved the recipe, as I used a host of spices in a very balanced manner, which eventually enhanced the taste of the recipe.
Let me discuss this recipe in detail so that you can try it on your grill in the upcoming days.
- Xtrema Cookware Review - the-cookingpot - December 26, 2022
- Zojirushi Japanese Rice Cooker 3 cup & Warmer Review - August 24, 2022
- Sodastream Terra Home Soda Maker Review - the-cookingpot - August 16, 2022
|Prep Time||30 Minutes|
|Cook Time||30 Minutes|
- 200-250 grams of button grams button mushrooms about 4 cups
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 1/2 Tblsp Ginger & Garlic Paste
- 4 Tblsp gram flour
- 1/2 Tsp carom seeds
- 1/2 Tsp lemon juice along with lemon wedges
- 1 Tblsp Chopped coriander leaves
- 1 Sliced onion with salt and lemon juice added
- 1 pinch Chaat masala
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 each green chilies
- 2 cups coriander leaves
- 1/2 Tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 Inch Ginger
- 1/2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 Tsp Chaat masala
- 1-2 Tsp Water
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
Grilled Mushroom Tikka
- Method: 1. Start off with rinsing all the mushrooms in water. 2. After that, drain and wipe the mushrooms. If the earthy base of the mushrooms is irking you, then you can trim that part. 3. Now, take a medium bowl and put all the mushrooms in it. 4. Add carom seeds, all spice powders, salt, and oil in the bowl and mix all the ingredients well. 5. Let the mushrooms marinate for around half an hour. By the time mushrooms marinate, you can turn on the grill over medium heat. 6. After marinating the mushrooms for half an hour, you need to add gram flour to the bowl and mix all the ingredients well. 7. Brush the grate with some oil. 8. Thread mushrooms on the skewers and put it on the grill. Keep mushrooms on the grill until they become brown and tender. It will take 10-15 minutes. 9. Then, you can take the mushrooms off the skewers and sprinkle some chaat masala, lemon juice and coriander leaves on the mushrooms. 10. The recipe is ready, and now you can enjoy it alone or with your family or friends. If you want, you can prepare a green chutney (sauce) because mushroom tikka tastes a lot better with this sauce.
- 1. Rinse coriander leaves in water followed by roughly chopping the leaves. 2. Now blend green chilies, cumin powder, coriander leaves, ginger, lemon juice, salt and chaat masala in the blender. 3. Add 1-2 tsps., water in the blender to create a smooth mixture. If more water is required, then add more because you need a smooth chutney, like a paste. 4. Once made, take the chutney out the blender and keep aside.