For some people, grilling is just a way to cook meat outside on a barbecue, or make barbecue chicken. For others, their goal is to become a backyard grill master. For a grill master, cooking on a grill is a passion, like the best pit masters. With the right equipment, practice, grilling education, and time, anyone with the desire can turn the art of barbecue into an art form.
It’s a skill that comes from practice and a passion for creating the best tasting barbecue. With so many styles of barbecue, a grill master can master one or multiple styles of BBQ. Do you prefer Texas barbecue, St. Louis ribs, or Carolina baby back ribs?
Whatever your passion, you too can become a backyard grill master.
Table of Contents
- 3 Ways to Become a Backyard Grill Master
- 1. Choose the Right Grill
- 2. Use the right fuel
- 3. Using the Right Tools
- You can find more about the The Grill Master’s Club here.
- What’s Included in a Grill Masters Club Box?
- Grill Masters Club Benefits
- To get 10% off your first BBQ Box, enter Discount Code PICGMC1 at checkout.
- You can purchase a gas, electric, charcoal or wood pellet grill and supplies at:
3 Ways to Become a Backyard Grill Master
If you want to become grill master, you have to have the right tools.
1. Choose the Right Grill
Being a grill master starts with the right grill. Whether you choose a charcoal grill or a gas grill, get the best grill you can afford. Some will tell you the only real barbecue is created on a charcoal barbecue. Charcoal briquettes add flavor to the food.
Others prefer a gas grill. They heat up faster and you have more control over the heat. To add flavor, you need to add flavored wood chips to the gas grill.
The Grill Store and More, founded by Mike and Ladina Hackley in 1998, has been a leading destination for barbecue enthusiasts in Louisiana. They started the BBQGuys.com online store to provide the best quality BBQs and smokers to grill masters and barbecue enthusiasts across the nation at affordable prices.
Z Grills is a recent entrant in the grilling and smoking market, having entered the market in 2016. Z Grills has established itself as a key player in the grilling market, taking on leaders Traeger and Pit Boss. Z Grills markets itself as making the same quality pellet grills and smokers as Traeger, at nearly half the price.
Z Grills makes an 8-in-1 wood pellet grill and smoker, which you can BBQ, bake, roast, braise, smoke, grill, and sear. An 8-in-One grill to make you the ultimate grill master.
They offer a Basic Series, 700 Series, and 1100 Series Pellet Smokers. Wood pellet flavors include Apple, Cherry, Pecan, Hickory, Maple,Cherry, Mesquite, and alder.
Full disclosure, I spent several days looking at several makers of grills and smokers, and purchased Z Grills-700D Pro 8-in-1 pellet grill.
Amazon sells smokers and grills from the leading manufacturers. Depending on the brand and style grill or smoker, you can choose an electric smoker, charcoal grill or smoker, wood chip smoker, and wood pellet smokers.
2. Use the right fuel
Lump charcoal is made by slowly burning pieces of wood in the absence of oxygen, until all the natural chemicals, sap and moisture are removed. While this takes longer to burn, it adds flavor to the meat.
Unlike lump charcoal, briquettes burn evenly and steadily to avoid the need to continually add more fuel. Briquettes are traditionally made from wood scraps, sawdust, and coal. Due to this, they emit an acrid smoke, especially when lighter fluid is used.
Wood pellets fuel are a by-product of the wood manufacturing process. Wood pellets are made from saw dust or scraps of wood, and are used for wood pellet grills, pellet smokers and pellet ovens. Some pellets are made from a blend of woods and others are made exclusively from a particularly type of wood, such as cherry, maple, oak, apple and alder wood.
3. Using the Right Tools
Next, you need the right grilling tools. BBQ sauce can be more than just the store bought sweet tomato liquid BBQ sauces we are used to. Do you prefer a Carolina BBQ sauce, a Texas rub, or Kansas City BBQ?
The Grill Master’s Club pitmasters select the best BBQ sauces and rubs available, which are the gold standard for any smoked meat enthusiast to create the best barbecued meats.
You can explore different barbecue styles and products from the different regions of the country. This is the best way to take your grill master skills to the next level.
The Grill Masters Club is a Barbecue Membership program that has the goal to help barbecue enthusiasts and grill masters become better at their passion. Each month you receive a box that contains 4-5 products.
Each box includes: rubs, sauces, marinades, recipes, and other mystery items that we KNOW you will love.
We take time to research, taste test, and vet EVERY supplier we work with, to ensure you are getting the best products to help make you the best grill master you can be.
What’s Included in a Grill Masters Club Box?
Each monthly box contains 4-5 products including:
- barbecue sauces,
- grilling recipes,
- and other mystery items that we KNOW you will love.
- We take time to research, taste test, and vet EVERY supplier we work with.
Grill Masters Club Benefits
- Receive four full size and tasted tested Grill Master approved BBQ products each month like rubs, spices, sauces, wood chips, grilling accessories, and more.
- Receive a new recipe every month to practice your new skills and connect with our community with a members-only Facebook group to share recipes, videos, guides, and more.
- Perfect for those who love grilling, smoking and bbq and love trying new things to make you a better pit master.
- Each item is carefully selected by a certified pitmaster to ensure we provide you the best of the best products from all over the world.
To get 10% off your first BBQ Box, enter Discount Code PICGMC1 at checkout.
You can purchase a gas, electric, charcoal or wood pellet grill and supplies at:
Did you know you can buy a barbecue, smoker and all your grilling supplies on Ebay? No, it’s not a used BBQ. All the major sellers are not just on Amazon. Check out Ebay for your grill master supplies.
- Xtrema Cookware Review - the-cookingpot - December 26, 2022
- Zojirushi Japanese Rice Cooker 3 cup & Warmer Review - August 24, 2022
- Sodastream Terra Home Soda Maker Review - the-cookingpot - August 16, 2022