Spiked Frozen Mexican Spiced Hot Chocolate
- 1 Ounce Chocolate, Chopped (plus additional for topping if desired)
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder (preferably dark)
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream (plus additional for topping if desired)
- 1 and 1/2 Cups Whole Milk
- 3/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 -3 Tablespoons Tequila
- 2 Cups Ice Cubes
- Mix first 7 ingredients over low heat in a saucepan until the sugar, chocolate and cocoa have dissolved. Taste and adjust for more cinnamon/cayenne if desired. Remove from heat and cool. Chill until very cold.
- Add 2 cups ice cubes, chilled hot chocolate and tequila to blender. Blend until desired slushy consistency. Pour into glasses and served topped with whipped cream, cinnamon and chocolate shavings.
*Story of the World– An amazing look at our world’s history told in a story format. I whole heartedly recommend it as a read aloud not just to homeschoolers, but to anyone interested in helping their children learn to love history.
Source: the well floured kitchen
Latest posts by Ken Weiss (see all)
- Xtrema Cookware Review - the-cookingpot - December 26, 2022
- Zojirushi Japanese Rice Cooker 3 cup & Warmer Review - August 24, 2022
- Sodastream Terra Home Soda Maker Review - the-cookingpot - August 16, 2022