Velveeta cheese is the perfect topping for any dish. It’s creamy, delicious, and when it melts into an amazing sauce everyone starts craving for more. You can use it as a dip or pour it over top of your favorite dishes like nachos, tacos, enchiladas, and more.
However, most people don’t know how to melt Velveeta cheese properly or don’t even know if they are doing this right. This can lead to a lot of frustration because you want your melted cheese to be just right.
Fortunately, there are so many easy ways to enjoy making this cheesy goodness that you’ll never get tired of it. Simply mix all core ingredients in a bowl and place the bowl into the microwave, or use a saucepan to cook into the stovetop.
Though, you should learn the entire step-by-step process in detail to melt the Velveeta cheese perfectly. So, are you ready to experience something truly special at your next mealtime? Then, check out this guide.
How to Melt Velveeta Cheese
You can add Velveeta to your foods in its natural form, but in general, most people prefer to use this easy melting cheese in a melted form in almost any dish. From burgers to sandwiches to nachos, there is nothing that you can’t add melted Velveeta cheese.
The main reason that people like melted Velveeta cheese is, it doesn’t become watery at all when melted. It holds its texture and becomes a thick mixture that immediately gets your mouth watering.
And, you know what, you can have the best tasting melted Velveeta cheese every time, just following some easy steps.
So, here’s how to melt Velveeta cheese for you.
● 1. Gather Ingredients
The first and foremost step is to gather the necessary ingredients for melting the Velveeta Cheese. Luckily melting cheese doesn’t require many ingredients. Using only 3 to 4 ingredients, you can melt it like a finger-licking smooth and creamy texture. So, here’s what you’ll need-
- 1 lb (454 g) Velveeta cheese
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 7 Tbsp (105 ml) milk
If you don’t have Velveeta cheese, don’t worry, there are some cheese substitutes that work absolutely the same as Velveeta cheese. Visit Cookonmonday.com for more information.
● 2. Cut the Velveeta Cheese
Now, move to the main part, which is cutting the cheese. Some people avoid cutting or chopping the cheese while melting. And this is where they made the big mistake. If your Velveeta cheese doesn’t cut properly, it will take more time to melt.
In fact, the uneven-sized cheese will melt at different rates, which in turn will result in some cheese will start to burn before the other cheese melts. Keep in mind that smaller and same-sized cubes melt much faster than larger and uneven ones.
Therefore, make sure to cut the cheese into ½ inch to 1 inch (2.54 cm) cubes. Here, you can use a sharp knife to cut the cheese into cubes. Then, we’ll move forward to the melting process.
In this guide, we’ll share the two easiest and quickest ways to melt the Velveeta cheese. These are the microwave and the stovetop methods. So, let’s get started.
● 3. The Microwave Method
- Take a medium to a large microwave-safe bowl and combine the cheese and milk into it.
- Use a lid or microwave-safe plastic wrap to cover the bowl.
- Put the bowl into the microwave and set it on high for 30 seconds.
- After the completion of 30 seconds, take the bowl out and stir the mixture, then put it again into the microwave for another 30 seconds. You should repeat this process until you get the perfect melt texture. It may require 2 to 3 minutes in total.
- To prevent the cheese from burning, you should stir the mixture after every 30 seconds.
● 4. The Stovetop Method
- Take a small saucepan, add 2 tablespoons of butter into it and place it over the stop top keeping a medium-low heat. You should keep the heat on a medium-low level throughout the process.
- Now, you’ll need to stir the butter frequently until it melts down properly, using a wooden spoon.
- Then, add the cheese cubes to the saucepan and start stirring them.
- In the stovetop process, you should stir the mixture constantly. Otherwise, they’ll start burning.
- While stirring the mixture, make sure to scrape the bottom of the pan as well.
- Once the butter and cheese mixture gets partially melted, add 7 tablespoons of milk to the pan and keep stirring until it becomes a smooth paste.
Note that the timing may differ depending on the amount of cheese and how large they are cut. Doesn’t matter how much time it requires, you should repeat the above processes until it melts fully as your desired texture.
● Serve Warm
The melted Velveeta cheese should be served immediately after it comes out of the stovetop or microwave. Otherwise, it will start getting solid. If you want to use the melted cheese throughout the week, simply refrigerate it and whenever needed, microwave the mixture, serve immediately, and enjoy the heavenly taste.
Melted Velveeta cheese, whenever we drizzle them on top of our favorite dish, it makes the dish much more delicious. From children to the elder generation, we bet no one can ignore this melty Velveeta cheese from using as a topping
Therefore, to help you out to melt the cheese, we have created this guide on how to melt Velveeta Cheese. With this guide, you’ll get the best results possible every time. So, best of luck and enjoy this yummy topping with your favorite dishes.
- Xtrema Cookware Review - the-cookingpot - December 26, 2022
- Zojirushi Japanese Rice Cooker 3 cup & Warmer Review - August 24, 2022
- Sodastream Terra Home Soda Maker Review - the-cookingpot - August 16, 2022