When I got my first Philips HD9220/26 air fryer, for the longest time all I used it for was frying food and heating up last night’s leftovers. Then, one day, a friend who is a baking guru, told me that you can make a cake in an air fryer! Who’d have thought! The actual recipe for making the cake is much similar to the recipe you might use while baking the cake in an oven or a microwave, the only difference is that here we are using hot air to do the cooking for us.
Trust me, the recipe is really easy and you can enjoy a delicious and moist cake in no time at all. When making a cake in an air fryer, there are a few things that are different from baking it in an oven. You can use the attachments that are already there with your air fryer and bake the cake with those. The cake is easy to remove when baked with these attachments and there is minimal cleanup required after you’re done taking out the cake. This delicious chocolate cake is a hit with evening tea and you can also have it whenever you like. Now let’s have a look at the ingredients and the recipe for making a chocolate cake in your air fryer.
- Eggs x 3
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 stick of butter at room temperature
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup flour
- Heat up your air fryer to 160 degrees F while you prepare the ingredients.
- Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another bowl. Once these are mixed properly add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients in batches. Stir with each addition to ensure everything is mixed together really well.
- Pour the mixture into the oven attachment of your air fryer.
- Place the attachment into the air fryer basket and slide it in. Set the timer for 25 minutes and let the mixture bake.
- After 25 minutes, insert a clean toothpick in the middle of the cake and if it comes out clean, then your cake is ready. If there is some cake on the toothpick and it’s sticky, let it cook for another five minutes.
- Once done, take the cake out and let it cool down on a wire rack.
- Cut the cake into slices and serve.
- You can also melt some chocolate to use as a garnish on your chocolate cake.
Mix the wet ingredients into dry ingredients slowly and stir well with each mix to make sure all ingredients are mixed properly otherwise the cake will have lumps in it.
Be careful while taking out the cake from the air fryer as it will be hot and at a very high temperature. Let it cool down as it will be easier to slice when it’s cold. Store your cake in an airtight container so that it maintains its consistency.
About the Author:
Hi there! I am Amanda, I am a housewife and Chief Editor at AirFryerBlog.com. I have always been interested in cooking and eating a healthy diet. I felt that there is very little information out there about air fryer that’s why I started my blog; to increase awareness about air fryer and air fried foods.
- Healthy Vegan Diet Plan – the One Month Vegan Challenge - September 8, 2023
- The Worst Foods that Causes Aging Faster, and What You Can Do? - August 30, 2023
- Is a Soup Diet for Weight Loss A Healthy Way to Lose Weight? – 14-Day Soup Diet - August 8, 2023