If you’re looking for the best stainless steel cookware, choose All Clad, which has been the industry standard in stainless steel cookware since 1990, preferred by both professional chefs and discerning home cooks alike, who want the best stainless steel cookware cookware available.
Everyone loves the look of shiny stainless steel cookware, but what makes All-Clad stainless steel the best stainless steel is what you can’t see. In this review of All-Clad Stainless Steel Tri-Ply Cookware, you learn what makes All-Clad the best stainless steel cookware.
In this All-Clad Stainless Steel Cookware Review, you will learn:
- Why All-Clad has remained the best stainless steel cookware since 1967
- What Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Cookware is and how it is made
- The benefits of using All-Clad Stainless Steel Cookware
- All-Clad Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Cookware features
- Where you can buy your own set of All-Clad Stainless Steel
- How to get a free gift from All-Clad
What is All Clad Stainless Steel Tri-Ply Cookware?
All-Clad Tri-Ply stainless steel starts with an aluminum core, which is sandwiched between two pieces of hard 18/10 stainless steel, which is ideal for quick even heating, unbeatable cooking performance, and easy cleaning.
Stainless steel by itself is a poor conductor of heat, but is very sturdy, resists scratches and is non-reactive, so it does not absorb odors. Aluminum is a soft metal, yet is a superior conductor of heat.
The aluminum core heats up and radiates heat up the bottom and sides of the pan evenly, to prevent cold spots and cooks your food thoroughly.
The bottom piece of stainless steel is magnetized to be used on an induction stove top.
All Clad Stainless Steel Features:
- Premium tri-ply construction of an aluminum core sandwiched between two pieces of stainless steel to deliver even heat distribution along the bottom and up the sides of the skillets and pans.
- Interior starburst finishing improves non-stick performance.
- Made from 18/10 gauge stainless steel for optimum performance and durance, and with proper care will offer a lifetime of use.
- Riveted on stainless steel long stick handles stay cool to the touch, and will never become loose or fall off.
- Safe for use in the oven and under the grill up to 500° F.
- Dishwasher safe, though hand washing is recommended.
- With its stainless steel magnetic bottom, the Tri-Ply Stainless Steel cookware can be used with all type of cook tops, including induction burners.
- All Clad’s durable, PFOA-free nonstick coating provides effortless clean-up
- Lifetime Warranty.
This short video will demonstrate why All-Clad Stainless Steel is The Best Stainless Steel Cookware
TIP 1 – How to Cook with All Clad Stainless Steel Cookware?
One of biggest complaints I read about cooking with stainless steel cookware is ‘How to keep the food from sticking’ to the pan? Regardless of whether you are cooking on a cheap stainless steel cookware set, or a professional stainless steel cookware, like All Clad Cookware, if you don’t use enough oil and sufficient heat, your food will stick to the pan. Start with 1-2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
I find vegetable oil or canola oil has a low smoke point and breaks down quickly in the heat, and allows food to stick, which is why most professional chefs prefer extra virgin olive oil. You should heat the pan before adding the olive oil. I recommend medium or medium high heat until the pan heats up, then you can turn the heat down to medium.
You know the pan is hot when you place your hand about 6 inches from the surface, and you can feel the heat radiating out as the aluminum core gets hot. If you are cooking at high heat, I recommend peanut oil, which has a very high smoke point, so it won’t burn or smoke quickly.
Once the pan is hot don’t just add the meat to the pan, or it will stick. Place the meat in the pan and immediately move it around a few times until a light crust forms over the surface of meat, chicken or fish. This light crust is what prevents food from sticking, locks in flavor and also makes cleanup much easier. Periodically move the pan around, or move the food with a spatula to ensure the food doesn’t stick.
If you follow these two tips, you will quickly find your All Clad stainless steel will become your favorite pots and pans.
Made in the USA since 1967
All-Clad Stainless Steel has been made proudly in the US at the same factory in Canonsburg, PA since its inception in 1967.
All-Clad Cookware does make an affordable line of stainless steel cookware for people new to stainless steel cookware, but don’t think this is cheap stainless steel cookware. This cookware is designed in the US to the exacting standards of the All-Clad metallurgists, and meets the same high quality standards of All-Clad and USDA for materials used to properly cook meat, chicken and fish.
What is 18/10 Stainless Steel anyway?
Stainless steel is not a single metal, but rather a blend of different alloy metals, mostly chromium and nickel. 18/10 stainless steel contains 18 percent chromium and 10 percent nickel content, and is considered the strongest type of stainless steel, which is why is used primarily for cookware.
Chromium is a hard metal that helps give stainless steel its hard, sturdy outer shell, Nickel is a silvery metal that helps prevent corrosion and rust.
What are the Benefits of Using All Clad Cookware?
√ Durable and long lasting
√ Easy to use and clean
√ Heats bottom and sides evenly
√ Can be used on stove top, in the oven or on a grill
√ Has a non-PFOP non-stick surface
√ Hygienic smooth non-porous cooking surface resists growth of harmful bacteria or germs, is easily sanitized and doesn’t absorb flavors and odors of food
√ Stay cool handles
√ Scratch resistant
√ Stays shiny for a long time, with proper care
√ Warp resistant
Riveted on Stay Cool Handles
The ergonomic handles on this professional All-Clad Tri-Ply stainless steel cookware are made from 100% non reactive metals, so they will remain cool to the touch, even when the cooking surface gets hot.
The handles are permanently riveted on and will never fall off or come loose for your safety, satisfaction, and ease of use.
You may find that cheaper brands of cookware attach handles with screws that can come loose or fall off, and can cause spills or injury.
All-Clad Stainless Steel is Induction Ready Cookware
All-Clad Stainless Steel tri-ply is made with a magnetic bottom, which allows it to be used on induction burners, in addition gas or electric burners, and grills.
Regular high quality stainless steel cookware is sold as 18/10 stainless steel, which refers to the percentage of chromium and nickel. Since Induction Ready Stainless Steel Cookware includes additional materials to create the magnetic bottom, it can no longer be sold as 18/18 Stainless Steel, and must now be labeled “Induction Ready” Stainless Steel Cookware.
Many professional kitchens have converted to induction stove top burners to conserve electricity and gas, as well as, prevent burns. Induction ready All Clad stainless steel is designed to work on induction burners, gas and electric stove tops.
To tell if your stainless steel cookware is induction ready, place a magnet on the bottom, and if the magnet sticks you have induction ready cookware. Induction burners have a magnetic field that only turns on the burners when an induction ready pan is placed on the burner. The heat is radiated into the pot, but the area around the burner stays cool. When the pan is removed, the induction burner immediately turns off is once again immediately cool to the touch.
Can I put it in the oven?
The professional quality All-Clad Stainless Steel Cookware, which are made to handle the most demanding professional and home kitchens, can be used in ovens or on grill tops up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
This is a distinct advantage over most non-stick cookware can be used only on stove tops up to medium heat, but is not suitable for use in ovens; and some higher quality non-stick cookware can be used into an oven from 350-400° F.
Tapered Edge to Prevent Spills and Drips
Every All-Clad Stainless Steel skillet or pot includes a tapered edge for easy pouring of liquids, which prevents drips and spills.
This is especially important when handling hot liquids or grease, which can not only make a big mess in the kitchen, this can cause a nasty burn if the hot grease or liquid gets on your skin or clothes.
Tight Fitting Lids
Don’t you hate when you put a lid on a pot, and heat or steam leaks out and makes a mess on the stove.
If you notice, the lids of the All Clad Stainless Steel cookware are tight fitting to create a seal between the pan and the lid, to keep heat and steam in. This helps you cook better, keeps food warm after cooking, and prevents splattering or keeps steam from escaping.
Is it Dishwasher Safe?
Your All-Clad Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Cookware is fully dishwasher safe, unless where stated, but it is recommended to hand wash whenever possible to keep your stainless steel cooking looking new longer.
What are the Pro’s and Cons of the All Clad Stainless Steel Tri-Ply Cookware?
- Best professional quality stainless steel cookware on the market.
- Recommended by professional chefs
- Tri-Ply Stainless Steel cookware is made in the US
- Makes you a better cook
- People who know how to use this cookware say clean up is a snap
- Some find the handles a bit uncomfortable, but most find the handles comfortable.
- All-Clad stainless steel is expensive, but worth every cent, and will last for years.
- Cooking with stainless steel is not like using Teflon coated non-stick pans, and can take a few tries to learn how to cook in stainless steel if you never used it before, but once you get it you’ll love it.
- Some say they are heavier than expected, while others say this is a sign of the exceptional quality
What’s the Warranty?
All-Clad cookware come with a Lifetime warranty with normal use and proper care. Many other manufacturers offer a one year or a limited lifetime warranty, and the limitations are generally pretty extensive.
All-Clad stands behind their cookware as long as you own it, and use it following the manufacturers use and care instructions.
Which All Clad Stainless Steel Cookware Set is Best for You?
Option 1 – 10 piece All-Clad Tri-Ply Stainless Steel set includes the following items:
- 8 inch fry pan
- 10 inch fry pan
- 2 quart saucepan and lid
- 3 quart saucepan and lid
- 3 quart saute pan with lid
- 8 quart stock pot with lid
Available through: Amazon.com
Option 2 – The Complete All-Clad 14 piece Stainless set for discerning home cooks includes:
- 10 inch fry pan
- 12 inch fry pan
- 2 quart sauce pan with lid
- 3 quart sauce pan with lid
- 3 quart saute pan with lid
- 6 quart saute pan with lid
- 12 inch chef’s pan with lid
- 8 quart stock pot with lid
- Lifetime warranty from All-Clad with normal use and proper care
- Induction compatible
- All-Clad fully-clad cookware is made in the USA.
The All-Clad 14pc Stainless Steel Cookware is Available at:
Latest posts by Ken Weiss (see all)
- How to Make Perfect Sushi Rice at Home? - January 11, 2020
- Abbio Cookware Review - Affordable Non Stick Stainless Steel Cookware - December 19, 2019
- Milo Enamaled Cast Iron Skillet Review - December 16, 2019