Ever home cook wishes they could own a set of professional stainless steel cookware, but with the high cost of stainless steel cookware, that is not always possible.
The T-Fal Tri-ply Stainless Steel Multi-clad Cookware Set is a sturdy and affordable high quality stainless steel cookware set that provides the most used cookware pieces, so you can begin cooking like a professional chef.
High quality stainless steel cookware can set you back nearly $1,000 or more, but with the T-Fal Stainless Steel Cookware Set, you won’t pay nearly that much.
This is not cheap stainless steel cookware. This cookware received 4.5 out of 5 stars on Amazon.com, with nearly 85% of all reviewers giving it 4 or 5 stars.
Features of the T-fal E469SC Tri-ply Stainless Steel Multi-clad Cookware Set:
- Bonded tri-ply stainless, aluminum, stainless cookware for optimum heat conductivity and cooking performance.
- Suitable for gas, electric, ceramic glass, or induction stovetops.
- Flared rim for clean pouring; tempered glass lids to monitor cooking progress and are oven safe to 550 degree F.
- Stainless cookware is oven safe to 550 degree f; suitable for gas, electric, ceramic glass, or induction stovetops.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Life time warranty.
This professional quality Tri-Ply stainless steel cookware starts with a thick aluminum core that is sandwiched between two pieces of high quality stainless steel, to ensure even heating along the bottom and sides, that is also beautiful to display and use in your kitchen.
Stainless steel on its own, while beautiful to look at, is a poor conductor of heat and tends to heat unevenly with cold and hot spots which results in food that can be over cooked on one side, while raw on the other side.
Aluminum is a soft metal and an efficient conductor of heat, but is too soft to be used to make cookware. Combining the hard, scratch and stain resistant outer stainless steel shell and an aluminum core results in one the best types of cooking surfaces. The bottom and sides heat quickly and evenly to cook food perfectly, and the hard stainless steel outer shell can resist stains, won’t scratch even with metal utensils, and won’t absorb smells.
The bottom is magnetized to be used on an induction stove top.
What Comes with the T-fal Tri-Ply Stainless Steel 12-piece Cookware Set?
- 8″ Fry pan
- 10″ Fry pan
- 12″ Fry pan
- 1.5-quart saucepan with lid
- 2.5-quart saucepan with lid
- 3-quart saucepan with lid
- 6-quart Dutch Oven with lid
- 3-quart Steamer Insert
Benefits of T-fal Tri-Ply Stainless Steel 12-piece Cookware Set
- Bonded tri-ply stainless and aluminum cookware for optimum heat conductivity and cooking performance.
- Beautiful stainless steel surface that allows you to cook like a professional chef.
- T-Fal Stainless Steel Cookware is suitable for use with gas, electric, ceramic glass, or induction stove tops.
- Tapered rim for spill-resistant pouring.
- Tempered see-through glass lids.
- Ergonomically designed handle to prevent hand strain and is attached with stainless steel rivets that prevent the handles from coming loose.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Lifetime Warranty.
What Does Induction-Ready Mean?
Induction burners use a magnetic field to create heat, rather than electricity or gas. The burner gets hot when an induction pan is placed on the burner, thus closing the circuit and creating heat, and is cool to the touch when the pan is removed.
This type of cooking surface saves energy, and prevents burns. This is so important in professional kitchens, when little hands get near a hot burner in the home.
Tapered Edges to Prevent Spills
The T-fal Stainless Steel Cookware includes the signature tapered edge standard with all stainless steel cookware made by All-Clad, that prevents spills when pouring hot liquids from the pan.
This is especially important to prevent burns when pouring hot liquids, or preventing a fire if pouring off hot liquified fat.
Ergonomic Stay Cool Handles are Riveting On
While some cheaper stainless steel cookware affixes the handles to the cookware with screws that can come loose or even fall off, the handles on the Emerilware by All Clad are riveted on and will never come loose.
The handles are designed to be ergonomically balanced for your hands for easy use, and to prevent hand or wrist injury, and are heat resistant to prevent burns.
Tempered See-through Glass Lids
This is important when cooking food like rice that can be ruined if the steam escapes, or to prevent boiling liquid from splattering on the stove top or on you. Glass lids can be used up to 350°. While Emerilware is oven-safe, lids should not be placed in the oven. Lids are dishwasher safe.
Is It Oven Safe?
T-fal E469SC Stainless Steel Multi-clad, available at Amazon.com is oven safe to 550° Fahrenheit. The lids are safe up to 350° F, so it is recommended that the lids only be used when cooking on the stove top. If the recipe says to cover the dish while cooking in the oven, use aluminum foil instead to prevent damage to the lids.
The T-fal stainless steel cookware and tempered glass lids are dishwasher safe.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
T-fal offers a Lifetime Warranty for all their cookware.
Drawbacks of T-Fal Stainless Steel Cooware
Any legitimate product review should include negatives of a product. I will admit I was not able to find too many negatives for this stainless steel cookware.
The biggest drawback I found was that, while the T-fal E469SC Tri-Ply stainless steel cookware is designed in the US and France, to keep this high quality stainless steel cookware affordable, it is not manufactured in the US as their high end professional cookware line is.
In their defense, Groupe SEB of France, the owner of T-fal and All-Clad cookware strictly monitors the manufacturing process to ensure it meets exacting manufacturing standards. This allows them to offer high quality and affordable cookware for all budgets.
Update on Emeril All-Clad Pro-Clad Stainless Steel Cookware
The Emeril All-Clad Pro-Clad Stainless Steel Cookware line has been discontinued.
If you are looking for a high quality and affordable Tri-Ply stainless steel cookware set that offers:
- the same quality triple ply stainless steel construction as Emeril Pro-Clad
- riveted on handles
- Ergonomic handles and tapered edges to prevent drips
- Induction ready
- Easy to clean and affordable
The-Cookingpot.com recommends the following Tri-Ply stainless steel cookware sets:
T-fal E469SC Tri-ply Stainless Steel Multi-clad
- 3 Types of Smokers for Beginners Under $500 - September 12, 2020
- 3 Easy Ways to Become a Backyard Grill Master - August 28, 2020
- What is a Sous Vide Machine and why Should You Try One? - August 15, 2020