If you are thinking about buying a set of ceramic cookware, there are a few things you need to be aware of about determining which is the best ceramic cookware set before plucking your hard earned money down on a new ceramic cookware set.
A real 100% ceramic cookware set will set you back about $300 and is hand made from 100% real clay, formed with moulds and cooked in a kiln. There are mo metal pieces or glass lids on real ceramic cookware.
There are many companies selling ceramic cookware for $100 or less. Stay away from these cheap cookware sets. They are not ceramic cookware, but rather ceramic coated aluminum cookware. The coating is not real ceramic, which is clay, but rather a synthetic plastic material. The aluminum cookware pieces are dipped into a bath of this synthetic ceramic material, and due to a lack of standards as to what real ceramic cookware is, there manufacturers are able to label the cookware as “ceramic cookware” or “ceramic coated cookware.”
Ceramic coated cookware has 3-5 year lifespan, while real ceramic cookware will last a lifetime with proper care and handling.
Now that we have your lesson on what real ceramic cookware is, let’s turn our attention to who makes the best ceramic cookware.
You can read the Ultimate Guide to Healthy Cookware here
Who makes Real Ceramic Cookware?
Currently, there are only two companies that make real 100% ceramic cookware sets:
- Xtrema Cookware 14 piece ceramic cookware set by Cermacor
- Healthy Chef Ceramic 16 piece cookware set by Dr. Mercola
Let’s Take a Closer Look:
Dr. Mercola Healthy Chef Ceramic 16 piece set Includes:
- 6.5″ open skillet with handle (1 pc)
- 10″ skillet/Braiser with short handles and cover (2 pcs)
- 1.25 qt saucepan w/ lid (2 pcs)
- 3.5 qt. sauce pot with cover (2 pcs)
- 7.5 silicone trivet (1 pc)
- Silicone pot holders (2 pcs)
- Kitchen tool set (6 pcs)
Sells for $269.00
Cermacor Xtrema Ceramic Cookware:
Xtrema Cookware 12-Piece Versa Set
1.5-Quart Stock Pot with Lid
2.5-Quart Stock Pot with Lid
3.5-Quart Stock Pot with Lid
10-Inch Versa Pan with Lid
4-Piece Red Pot Holder Set for Versa Stock Pots
Sells for $382.49
Source: Xtrema Cookware
Are there any similarities between both lines of ceramic cookware?
- If you look at both ceramic cookware sets, each looks very similar in cosmetics and construction.
- Both come with a 50 year warranty.
- Provides information on high heat tolerance. Both can handle up to 2,700 degree F.
- Includes information how to clean your ceramic cookware.
Are there any differences between both lines of ceramic cookware?
The Cermacor website provides substantially more information about the manufacturing of Xtrema Cookware, including:
- How Xtrema cookware is made, including pictures. Mercola doesn’t provide any details.
- Cermacor provides testing results for toxicity. Mercola doesn’t provide any details.
- Xtrema ceramic cookware set comes with 5 of the most popular cookware pieces, Healthy Chef comes with 4 cookware pieces.
- Cermacor only provides manufacturing origin.
- Xtrema comes in three colors to match your kitchen or personality. Healthy Chef is only offered in black.
- Xtrema Cookware includes a 10″ brazer pot and 16″ versatile pot. Mercola offers a 10″ brazer, but does not offer a larger pot for making stew or cooking a large piece of meat, like roast or chicken.
- Cermacor offers Free Shipping on all order over $100 and the information clearly visible on the front page. Mercola is offering a promotional free shipping on order over $49, but you have to hunt for the information.
While the Mercola Healthy Chef Ceramic Cookware Set is cheaper than the Cermacor Xtrema Ceramic Cookware by nearly $100, you are also getting less.
Every cookware set needs to include a large pot for making soup, stews or cooking cuts of meat, and sadly Mercola falls short here. That means you will have a use a non-ceramic pot for anything larger than making eggs, or a small dish in the skillet.
If you want a complete matching ceramic cookware set, then my recommendation is the Xtrema Ceramic cookware set.
If you are more price conscious and saving $100 is more important, then the Mercola Healthy Kitchen Ceramic cookware set is your best option.
- Healthy Vegan Diet Plan – the One Month Vegan Challenge - September 8, 2023
- The Worst Foods that Causes Aging Faster, and What You Can Do? - August 30, 2023
- Is a Soup Diet for Weight Loss A Healthy Way to Lose Weight? – 14-Day Soup Diet - August 8, 2023