If you are looking for healthy green pure ceramic cookware you may want to look at Xtrema Cookware.
Ceramcor, the makers of Xtrema Cookware, sent me a 10″ Xtrema ceramic skillet with lid to try it out. They asked me to write an unbiased review. After using it a few times and figuring out how to use it, the Xtrema 10″ skillet quickly became my go-to ceramic skillet for our everyday cooking. You can learn more here.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is Xtrema Cookware?
- 1.1 Heats Up Quickly
- 1.2 Benefits of Xtrema Cookware
- 1.3 Like shopping on Amazon? You can find Xtrema on Amazon!
- 1.4 Is Pure Ceramic Cookware Safe to Use?
- 1.5 Check out the Xtrema Versa Dutch Oven HERE.
- 1.6 How Xtrema Cookware is made?
- 1.8 What Cooking Surfaces Can You Use?
- 1.9 Other Xtrema Cookware Pieces:
- 1.10 How Well Does Xtrema Perform in the kitchen?
- 1.11 Do You Need to Season Xtrema Cookware before use?
- 1.12 How Do You Sear Meat in Your Xtrema Ceramic Skillet?
- 1.13 Is Xtrema Cookware Easy to Clean?
- 1.14 Is Xtrema Kosher Certified?
- 1.15 Pros of Xtrema Cookware
- 1.16 Cons of Xtrema Cookware:
- 1.17 Can Xtrema chip or break?
- 1.18 How Do You store Xtrema Cookware?
- 1.19 What Utensils Can You Use with Xtrema?
- 1.20 Testimonials from Real Buyers
- 1.21 Where Can You Buy Xtrema Cookware?
- 1.22 Related Articles
What Is Xtrema Cookware?
Xtrema Cookware from Ceramcor is sturdy and beautiful PFOA-free pure ceramic cookware.
The importance of keeping toxins out of the home and kitchen is something people are increasingly concerned about today.
More people are cooking at home, so the need for healthy green cookware is more important than ever. Xtrema Cookware from Ceramcore is a family-owned small business. It was founded with a mission to improve the health and wellness of its customers.
It is made from just two ingredients, clay and water and can handle heat up to 2000 degrees F. I don’t think you will ever need that much heat, but if you do your Xtrema can handle it!.
Now you can cook the way our ancestors did from the beginning of time.
Heats Up Quickly
The 10″ Xtrema ceramic skillet heats up quickly and evenly, and there are no cold spots. This way your food will cook evenly and perfectly. I found the high walls do a great job to keep the food in the skillet and not all over the stove top.
Make sure to use a table spoon of oil or fat, which transfers heat quickly to your food, and prevents food from sticking.
The comfortable silicone heat resistant handle sleeve is a nice addition. Xtrema Pure Ceramic cookware can get hot, and the sleeve keeps my hand from getting burned. If the sleeve gets dirty, no problem. Just a quick wipe down with a sponge is all it takes and it looks brand new.
Benefits of Xtrema Cookware
- Xtrema Cookware can withstand temps up to 2,700 F.
- Made with a Non-Scratch, Non-Toxic Ceramic Glaze Surface.
- Beautiful Lead and Cadmium Free High Gloss Black Finish.
- Can be used in multiple cooking options: Oven, Stovetop, Broiler, Barbecue , Microwave Oven, and Freezer.
- Dishwasher Safe: Xtrema Cookware is dishwasher safe. Hand-washing is recommended.
- True Green Cookware: Made with just water and clay. There are toxic chemicals, such as PFOA and PTFE, which can leach into food.
- Durable Cooking Surface won’t Scratch.
Like shopping on Amazon? You can find Xtrema on Amazon!
Is Pure Ceramic Cookware Safe to Use?
You may be wondering is ceramic cookware safe? Pure ceramic cookware is the real green cookware. It is made predominantly with two ingredients found naturally on earth – clay and water. It is free of PFOA, lead and cadmium.
The shiny black glaze on the Xtrema Cookware is not just beautiful. The coating, which helps to make this pure ceramic cookware non stick, is also made from ceramic. There is no risk of leaching toxic chemicals, like PFOA and cadmium into your food, and ultimately into your body.
To help achieve this, Xtrema Cookware is 100% free of harmful toxins, such as lead, cadmium, Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) or Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), which can leach into your food and cause potential health issues.
Ceramcor has their products tested to ensure they meet the following standards:
- Lead free
- Cadmium free
- In full compliance with USDA to ensure products are free of lead and cadmium
- Meets California Prop 65 standards for hazardous materials.
The Xtrema Versa Dutch Oven Colors
How Xtrema Cookware is made?
Xtrema Cookware is hand-made ceramic cookware that takes a painstaking 18 days to make. This is not mass-produced cheap metal cookware. You can see the 18 day process to make Xtrema Cookware.
You can use Xtrema Cookware on the following cooking surfaces:
- Glass top
- Induction (must use induction disk, available here)
Other Xtrema Cookware Pieces:
NEW! Traditions Saucepans!
How Well Does Xtrema Perform in the kitchen?
Do You Need to Season Xtrema Cookware before use?
No, Seasoning is not needed on your Xtrema Cookware. Just wash with warm soapy water and a soft sponge before use, and you are ready to go.
How Do You Sear Meat in Your Xtrema Ceramic Skillet?
You can sear meat in Xtrema cookware to lock in juices and flavor. The key to searing meat in a ceramic skillet is to start with a hot surface. You should never put raw meat onto a cold ceramic cooking surface.
The best way to get ceramic cookware hot for searing meat is to place the ceramic skillet in a 450 degree oven for 5 minutes, then place on a burner at Med to Med High heat. Finally, place your meat into the skillet to sear.
While this may seem like a complicated process, it usually takes about 5 minutes to heat up a metal skillet on the stove top to get it hot enough for searing meat. With your Xtrema ceramic skillet, you are simply using your oven instead of a burner to get the ceramic skillet hot enough to sear meat. The process takes the same amount of time.
Is Xtrema Cookware Easy to Clean?
Our Xtrema cookware cleans up easily with just warm water and a soapy sponge. If I leave the skillet overnight and food is hard to clean off, I just sprinkle some baking soda on the skillet and let it sit for about 5 -10 minutes. The food particles come right off with minimal scrubbing.
You can wash 100% ceramic cookware in a dishwasher. Manufacturer recommends hand washing.
My go-to cleaner to remove stubborn hard to remove stains and food particles is baking soda.
The light scrubbing action with baking soda is similar to the way detergent breaks down and removes stains from your clothes. Baking soda is tough on stains, but is remarkably gentle to your ceramic cookware.
Is Xtrema Kosher Certified?
Yes, Xtrema Cookware is kosher certified. Due to the porous consistency of ceramic cookware, you will need separate pieces for dairy and meat use.
Pros of Xtrema Cookware
- Allows you to use low to medium heat.
- Works on a stove top or in an oven.
- Lead and Cadmium free and Heavy Toxic Metal Free for your safety.
- PFOA & PTFE Free with no unsafe non-stick coating.
- Xtrema Ceramic Cookware Can Withstand Temperatures of 2,700F, unlike metal cookware, which can melt at 2,200F.
- Store in fridge or freezer.
- This durable cooking surface won’t ever scratch.
- Easy to clean with sponge and warm water.
- Xtrema is dishwasher safe.
- Xtrema Cookware has a 50 Year Warranty against scratching.
- 100% ceramic cookware has no trace metals or chemicals that can leach into your food during cooking.
Cons of Xtrema Cookware:
- Can break if dropped on a hard surface.
- Doesn’t stack easily for storage.
- Only sold online
Can Xtrema chip or break?
Yes, Xtrema Cookware is made from pure ceramic, and can chip or break if dropped onto a hard surface. Stack carefully in the cupboard or dishwasher.
How Do You store Xtrema Cookware?
The manufacturer recommends you store your Xtrema pieces separately if space permits. Stacking ceramic cookware may cause cracking or chipping.
If you must nest Xtrema pieces for space constraint, place a cloth or paper towel inside each piece. Another tip is to reverse the covers when storing each pot separately. This will help prevent the covers from chipping.
What Utensils Can You Use with Xtrema?
You should only use nylon, wood or silicone tools when cooking with Xtrema cookware. Metal utensils may leave unsightly gray marks on the cooking surface (not scratches).
Testimonials from Real Buyers
I’m a cancer patient who needs to eat extremely well, but who doesn’t have the strength for endless scrubbing. I also want my cookware to be totally non-toxic. Xtrema® has it all!”
Thank you so much for making such a wonderful product. For over a year I have been searching for truly safe cookware. Xtrema® does it all. Bye, bye cast iron!”
The D. Family
When I received my Xtrema® order the first thing I did was to test it out. First, I boiled water for hot chocolate. Wow! The hot chocolate was much richer than what I’d previously made using a stainless steel teapot. Then I fried an egg in the Xtrema® skillet and another skillet. Unbelievable! The eggs were different colors, texture and flavors. I’ve now been using the cookware for several weeks and am extremely pleased. The food cooked with Xtrema® tastes better, stays hot longer, and seems to be juicier.”
Where Can You Buy Xtrema Cookware?
To save you money and reducing the carbon footprint, Xtrema Cookware is shipped directly from the Cermacore distribution center in New Jersey to your door. This reduces the product being touched several times between the factory and store shelf, and eliminates the unnecessary use of natural resources.
You can visit the Xtrema Cookware Store here.
You can also buy Xtrema Pure Ceramic Cookware on Amazon.com.
- benefits of ceramic cookware
- is ceramic cookware safe?
- Healthy cooking options
- Ceramic dutch oven
- Ceramic or ceramic-coated cookware